GoLite Shangri-La 1 Nest

This nest is a necessity when using the Shangri-La…

This nest is a necessity when using the Shangri-La 1 fly. The ticks and mosquitoes are thick where I live and this was a great companion on my last solo backpacking trip. It is very lightweight and compact.

1 problem I have with it: the mid section doesn't stay very taut and sags a little bit, making the interior seem smaller than it is. There are also no mid section loops to use if you want to stake the sides out.

Other than that I really like the Shangri-La combo. If I didn't already have a 2-person tent, I would have gone with the Shangri-La 2 which I like a lot more. But for my compact and ultra-lightweight needs, this is the best.

If you've owned or used a GoLite Shangri-La 1 Nest, please share your experience.

GoLite Shangri-La 1 Nest

The GoLite Shangri-La 1 Nest is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 30, 2013 at CampSaver.com.