Who has time to set this up? If you have a major storm…

Design: Three Season.Not Freestanding Tarptent
Ease of Setup: not that easy, must have trekking poles or Tree's to tie on to
Weight: 2 lbs

Who has time to set this up? If you have a major storm drop in, Keep your poncho on! By the time you get this tent up then go back and readjust everything, since it is not freestanding, you'd be soaked.

Great tent for desert climates, better have your Leki poles with ya! I'm sticking with freestanding tents. Tried the lightweight gear craze for awhile, going back to carrying a few extra lbs and a little bit more comfort.

This is a single wall shelter with the advantages…

Design: treking pole single wall shelter
Ease of Setup: very easy

This is a single wall shelter with the advantages and dis-advantages that comes with this type of shelter. We found it much too small for two people in heavy rain.

A lot of condensation formed on the inside after twelve hours in the tent. We inevitably touched the walls with the foot boxes of our sleepingbags when sleeping and the sleeping bags got wet. Hard to get out of the tent in the night when the partner is sleeping with her head close to entrance.

On the plus side: Very stable if staked out well and almost water proof. I am sure it would be completely waterproof after recommended seam seal. Good material, good consumer support, light weight, small packing size, nice reflective lines, very easy to pitch and take down, quick dry.

I think it would be a very good single person shelter.
The design could be improved by making a higher bath-tub floor edge on the foot side of the shelter and to have the option to guy out the flaps for the ventilation on the sides.

I noticed a big improvement when I lifted the side flaps higher in the middle of the long sides. It improved the ventilation without letting rain in.

Well I got me a near new Golite Trig 2 today. Looks…

Design: shelter
Ease of Setup: i set it up in 5 minutes
Weight: 3 pounds

Well I got me a near new Golite Trig 2 today. Looks to be a good shelter. Anyone with advice would be kool.