GoLite Ultra 20

Great quilt, I sleep in boxer shorts and no top and…

Great quilt, I sleep in boxer shorts and no top and kept warm to 32* so far... tis way too warm for a summer quilt in the U.P. of Michigan.

Tis a very well made quilt for the $$. I hear they are discont. this quilt for a new quilt user is the bomb....
** think of sleeping @ home and having blankets instead of a "tube"(bag) to sleep in.......**

This quilt has not performed as well as I expected.

Design: Quilt
Fill: 800 Down
Temperature Rating: 20
Weight: 1.3 lbs

This quilt has not performed as well as I expected. I'm neither a hot nor cold sleeper.

Night 1: Contrail tarptent in ~36 degree weather with a 30-40 mph wind gusts. Capilene 3 pants and shirt Smartwool socks, beanie and neck gaiter. RidgeRest pad, trimmed to 2/3 length. Contrail was buckled down to windy storm conditions but there was a constant air flow through the tent. I cinched the bag down to fully seal the neck and sides. The bag was very cold & I barely slept. Was drafty & didn't have enough loft to do the job.

Night 2: Contrail tarptent ~38 degree weather with less than 5 mph winds. Capilene 3 pants and shirt, down vest, Smartwool socks, beanie and neck gaiter. POE Ether Thermo 6 pad. Knowing the bag was cold I planned accordingly by wearing the vest and upgrading the the Thermo 6 (this pad is also cold, I returned it for a BA Dual Core, I hope this helps). I woke up cold several times during the night but was better than night 1.

Overall, the bag doesn't come close to the 20 degree rating and needs some severe measures to be taken to augment its deficiencies. I have since purchased a Montbell drytech sleeping bag cover and the BA Dual Core to maximize what I can get out of this bag & hopefully bring it down to the 20 degree rating.

I don't think it is a total loss though. The Ultra 20 is very light & packs small, and if this final adjustment to the system fails, I plan on using it for a sleeping bag liner for a sub zero condition sleep system.

Visit GoLite's Ultra 20 page.

For ultralight purists, the 800-fill goose down Ultra from GoLite(R) is a 20deg sleep system offering superior warmth, comfort, and versatility. With a bottomless design, the comforter-style top can be attached directly to a sleep pad at variable girths for ideal temperature regulation.

- EMS

When you have to travel as light as possible, but you can't skimp on winter warmth, stuff the GoLite Ultra 20 Sleeping Bag in your pack. Ultra-svelte bottomless design forgoes the insulation underneath you, and straps to your winter sleeping pad instead. Meanwhile, 800 fill-power down in a paper-thin but resilient Pertex Endurance and double-ripstop nylon shell traps heat from above.

Free Shipping. GoLite Unisex Ultra 20 Degree Sleeping Bag (Fall 2009) Description coming soon.

The new Golite Ultra is a premium 800-fill goose down, 20 sleep system that offers superior warmth, unmatched comfort and versatility for the ultra-lite purist.Waterproof Pertex Endurance Arid Zones at the head and foot of the bag protect against conde

- CampSaver.com

GoLite Ultra 20

The Ultra 20 has been discontinued.

The GoLite Ultra 20 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 24, 2010 at EMS.