GoLite UltraLite 3-Season Quilt

A lightweight quilt with exceptional warmth. I had…

Price Paid: $150 (Half price)

Summary

A lightweight quilt with exceptional warmth.

Pros

• Lightweight 800 Fill down
  • Very warm
  • Spacious enough so you don't feel claustrophobic

Cons

• None that I can think of

I had been contemplating a quilt for a few years, but never really wanted to part with that much money on something I wasn't sure I'd like. Well, it was worth the wait.

I bought a GoLite UltraLite 3 Season Quilt (I got the Long size since I'm 6 feet tall). This is filled with 800 down, and it is warm! I'm a little bit of a cold sleeper (especially when camping), and this did fine in the Bighorns at 10,000 feet and 32 degrees.

I was camping in a hammock. My pad was a Big Agnes Insulated Mummy (also fantastic), and the only time I felt any cold was when the quilt slipped over the pad. Let me explain this, because it was my own doing. The quilt comes with straps that go around your sleeping pad to keep it nice and tight. Since I was in a hammock, I removed them so it would be a little easier to move and adjust. I have absolutely no doubt that, had I kept the pad secured, I never would have felt any cold. In fact, I had to vent a few times to release the excess heat.

This quilt is very light, and compacts down very small. It is roomy enough so you don't feel trapped (I don't like a tight fitting bag), and with the Long, I can completely cover up if needed. The material may appear to be a little flimsy, but it held up fine with no issues for me, so far.

GoLite started selling their products from their own website at greatly reduced costs. This was the bargain of the year for me. If you ever thought about getting a quilt, now is the time, and this is the one.

If you've owned or used a GoLite UltraLite 3-Season Quilt, please share your experience.

GoLite UltraLite 3-Season Quilt

The GoLite UltraLite 3-Season Quilt is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 30, 2013 at CampSaver.com.

fall 2010 short regular long