Gossamer Gear Miniposa

Weight 15.1 - 17.4 oz (428 - 493 g)
Capacity 2,320 ci body (38 l body), 3,300 ci max (54 l max)
Recommended maximum load 20 lbs (9 kg)

I purchased my Miniposa shortly before heading to…

Design: Top-loading internal frame
Size: 2,000 cubic inches
Number of Pockets: 1 internal (plus area for hydration), and 4 external mesh pockets
Max. Load Carried: 20 lbs
Height of Owner: 5' 8"
Price Paid: I can't recall

I purchased my Miniposa shortly before heading to Yosemite for a 3-day trip into the backcountry. Besides that trip I've used this pack for a 4-day trip to the Tetons, numerous overnight trips in the Indian Peaks Wilderness (Colorado), as well as a couple of winter overnight trips in the Rockies.

The pack is very light, yet more durable than I thought it would be. I removed the internal stays and have never used them.

What I really love about this pack is that it is large enough to carry a decent size sleeping bag, my tent, clothes, food, etc. for a multi-day trip, yet small enough that it encourages me to plan my gear carefully. There is not a lot of extra space - which I have come to appreciate.

I strap my pad to the top and have plenty of space in the outside mesh pockets for my rain gear, power bars, camera, map, etc.

This pack is perfect for me, or anyone that wants to travel light yet still have enough pack to carry everything needed for an extended trip into the backcountry. Well worth the money.

Ed Lindgren

The Miniposa builds on the popular features of the stalwart G4, effectively incorporating the "dual use" technique of ultralight backpacking. Your sleeping pad (NightLight, Z-Lite/Z-Rest, Thermarest 3/4 length, or other 20"-wide pad) becomes part of the pack frame by inserting into the back of the pack.

The Miniposa has the Mariposa family features in a trimmer silhouette, including hollow, aluminum-tipped, carbon fiber pack stays for real load transfer (removable for lighter loads), unique asymmetric side pocket design (right hand pocket is accessible while wearing the pack), dual function removable adjustable sternum strap/emergency whistle, and hydration bladder pocket with ports on each side. Cushy wicking fabric on the shoulder straps and hip belt prevent slipping, and the 3-dimensional weave aids in quicker drying. Multiple pockets help you organize your load. Tons of strategically placed lashing loops enable you to easily adapt the pockets to carry longer items by lashing them to the sides. Use for general lightweight backpacking with total loads of 20 lbs (9 kg) or less.

Gossamer Gear Men's Miniposa

The Men's Miniposa has been discontinued.

The Gossamer Gear Men's Miniposa is not available from the stores we monitor.