Grand Trunk Funky Forest Tarp

Lots of tie-in points. Tie-in points says it all.

Summary

Lots of tie-in points.

Pros

• Lots of tie-in points
  • Easily reconfigured

Cons

• Price
  • Not an ultra-light tarp

Tie-in points says it all.

You can do so much with this tarp, because it has so many optional tie-ins. I've used it as a wall, simply to deflect winds while cooking. It can be brought in low and anchored down in heavy rains.

Another commenter discussed weight. I've found my Grand Trunk Skeeter Beater Hammock and this tarp shave off pounds in my pack—it's already 3lb. lighter than my Kelty tent, but I'm also ditching sleeping pads (except in cold weather) and the tent footprint. Not to mention, I'm sleeping better.

There are cheaper and lighter tarps out there, but as I did my research, I kept coming back to the multiple tie-in points. Great tarp!

Credit goes to Derek Hansen over at http://theultimatehang.com/ for the origami design that I started with and modified slightly.

Very durable with plenty of coverage over a hammock.

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

Very durable with plenty of coverage over a hammock.

Pros

• Great value
  • Good coverage

Cons

• Heavy
  • Hard to see at night

Great price on a great tarp. I use it with my hammock and it provides more than enough coverage for me and my stuff. I replace the line with reflective lines to help with visibility at night.

Has a stuff sack, which holds the tarp and the stakes. Easy to setup, only requires 2 stakes and stays very taut. It is a little heaver than a nylon tarp but not that much, great value.

If you've owned or used a Grand Trunk Funky Forest Tarp, please share your experience.