Grand Trunk Nano-7

Lightweight and easy to pack. This hammock, like most,…

Summary

Lightweight and easy to pack.

• Attached stuff sack
  • High quality carabiners

Cons

• Does not come with tree straps

This hammock, like most, requires you to buy separate tree straps in order to use it. After choosing a set of tree straps, this hammock is easy to hang.

It's made of 1.7 rip-stop nylon and is very lightweight. The width is reduced to 4 feet to save weight and the length is 9 ft. The weight without tree straps is 7.4 ounces, Grand Trunk claims it's the lightest in the world.

I've had many friends and kids lay and swing in this hammock. The durability of this hammock has amazed me.  Everyone who has laid in it enjoys it.

I would definitely recommend this hammock if weight is important.

Looking for the ultimate hiking accessory? This is…

Summary

Looking for the ultimate hiking accessory? This is it. The Nano-7 hammock is light enough at just 7 oz to put in your pack to use for breaks throughout the day or after a long day of hiking.

Pros

• Very light
  • Compact

Pair it with Whoopie slings and Bliss tree straps and you have an 11 oz wonder of comfort! So go ahead and put your feet up...they'll be glad you did.

This hammock is very light and great for backpackers.

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

This hammock is very light and great for backpackers.

Pros

• Light
  • Easy to set up

Cons

• Thin
  • Not durable
  • Not waterproof
  • No bug net

This hammock I have used all around, from indoors to 10' up in a tree to the Canadian back-country, and though it is better than a tent, this is not what I would buy.

In the land of Canooks, I was stuck 4 hours out, by train, with my troop. Me and the other boy all had hammocks and the bug population in one square foot was more than the human population. Well we spent the night out there, and if it hadn't been for our parents, we would had not slept a wink.

If I were to get a new shelter it would most likely be one of those hanging tents.