Grand Trunk Ultralight Skeeter Beeter

I purchased the Skeeter Beater as my first entry into…

I purchased the Skeeter Beater as my first entry into hammock hiking. I did not want to spend a lot until I knew if hammocks would work for me.

This hammock comes complete and ready to hang. I did not care for the tree tying rope that came with it so I made some tree straps with a  steel ring sewn into one end. Set up is quick. A 1/8 inch bungie cord is provided to suspend the netting.

A tarp line could be used but the bungie is more forgiving and protective of the netting in the event an inexperienced person falls entering or exiting the hammock (got kids?) I stretched an 8 x 10 siliyon tarp overhead and took a nice dry nap while a summer thunderstorm hammered down around me.

First night I slept extremely well, I am talking eight hours or more. I never used a hammock before and tend to sleep on my side or stomach, didn't matter. The Skeeter Beater gave me a very good sleep. I did not feel particularly restrained and no shoulder bunching. Although I had intended to upgrade if I liked hammocks, I have decided to wear this one out.

The Skeeter Beeter Ultralight hammock is made from polyester and has an attached no-see-um mosquito net to protect you against insects.

- Grand Trunk

The Ultralight Skeeter Beeter Hammock from Grand Trunk helps keep the bugs away so you can actually enjoy the fresh air.

- CampSaver.com

The Grand Trunk Ultralight Skeeter Beeter hammocks keep the pests out, including mosquitoes, no-see-ums and black flies, so you can get a good night sleep. These Ultralight Hammocks come with an extremely fine mosquito netting to ensure that no bugs or insects enter your hammock. The built-in, double-sided zipper that runs the length of the hammock allows for easy entry/exit. The perfect way to enjoy the outdoors in peace. Built-in pockets and zipper: Includes two pockets on the inside of the mosquito netting for storage to hold glasses, pocket knife or anything you want to keep close by. There is also a zipper that runs the length of the hammock for easy entry and exit. Easy overhead suspension system sets up in a matter of minutes and comes complete with everything needed to use. Color: Forest green. Weight: 20 ounces. Dimensions: 9ft. 6in. x 4ft. 6in.. Materials: Durable nylon blend, Very fine mosquito netting. Comes with: Steel S-hooks for easy hanging with Attached stuff sack. 250 lbs. capacity - lab tested and certified. 3x stitching on all stress points, 3x stitching on mosquito netting to reduce tearing. FREE hanging kit included with Net suspension kit: Two 20 ft pieces of cord

- Tahoe Mountain Sports