Grand Trunk Ultralight Skeeter Beeter

I purchased the Skeeter Beater as my first entry into…

I purchased the Skeeter Beater as my first entry into hammock hiking. I did not want to spend a lot until I knew if hammocks would work for me.

This hammock comes complete and ready to hang. I did not care for the tree tying rope that came with it so I made some tree straps with a  steel ring sewn into one end. Set up is quick. A 1/8 inch bungie cord is provided to suspend the netting.

A tarp line could be used but the bungie is more forgiving and protective of the netting in the event an inexperienced person falls entering or exiting the hammock (got kids?) I stretched an 8 x 10 siliyon tarp overhead and took a nice dry nap while a summer thunderstorm hammered down around me.

First night I slept extremely well, I am talking eight hours or more. I never used a hammock before and tend to sleep on my side or stomach, didn't matter. The Skeeter Beater gave me a very good sleep. I did not feel particularly restrained and no shoulder bunching. Although I had intended to upgrade if I liked hammocks, I have decided to wear this one out.

If you've owned or used a Grand Trunk Ultralight Skeeter Beeter, please share your experience.