Granite Gear Ancho 18

Weight .51kg / 1lb 2oz
Capacity 18 L / 1100 cu in

Great lightweight daypack for short hikes; has an…

Source: bought via a "pro deal"

Great lightweight daypack for short hikes; has an internal pocket to hold a hydration bladder, two external side pockets, and a front long zip compartment for easy access. I use this for bike commuting and for short excursions where I don't need any gear.

Granite Gear really puts a lot of thought into product development. The side pocket zippers are oriented front-to-back so you can unzip and grab things without taking off the pack.

• Lots of pockets
  • Hydration pocket easily holds a 3 liter Camelbak

• The only thing I wish this bag had was some sort of guide for the hydration bladder hose once it threads through the top access

I love this bag. It's lightweight, the color is great, and it's pretty versatile. Kudos to Granite Gear for some thoughtful design. I like how the chest strap buckles higher up than some packs that seem to be designed with only male customers in mind.

I bike with this bag on often and it's low profile and not too bullky. The mesh-y back part of the bag gets sweaty and stinky after a while, but I've washed it a few times with no adverse effects. The internal compartment is roomy and has a small mesh zippered pocket at the top for keys or your phone.

Overall I love this bag as a light hiker or an around-town bag.

Welcome to Trailspace, Brooke!

Granite Gear Ancho 18

The Granite Gear Ancho 18 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 25, 2014 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.

Trew Women's NuYarn Wool Pocket T Review