Granite Gear Belt Pocket

I purchased two Granite Gear belt pockets to use with…

Design: Hip belt mounted
Height of Owner: 5'8"

I purchased two Granite Gear belt pockets to use with my Vapor Day pack. The instructions for attaching the pockets were very good and it was not hard to get them installed. Over all the pockets are very convenient and easily accessed. I have used them many times since purchasing them over a year ago.

The one thing I have noticed each time I am out hiking and really my only complaint, is that unless I am using trekking poles (which keep my arms out away from my body), my arms seem to constantly brush the pockets. Over the course of being out all day, you tend to not notice this after awhile, but each time I use the pack I encounter this minor annoyance. So, I have taken to putting them on if I an going to use trekking poles and removing them if not. They are useful, but in my case, I wish I could leave them on my pack all the time.

Another great product by Granite Gear. I got mine…

Design: belt mounted pocket
Size: 45 cubic inches

Another great product by Granite Gear. I got mine for Christmas and have only used it on one trip, but I am sold on it.

I was a bit worried that it may stick out in the way of my arm when it was by my side, but it is not a problem at all. It attaches in an intelligent way and provides a handy place for items I needed. I kept my GPS, cell phone, mini mag-light, and trail map in the pocket along with my keys and wallet.

Once again, a great product.

Visit Granite Gear's Belt Pocket page.

Granite Gear belt pockets work with their packs and most other packs on the market. These ultralight, foam padded pockets attach to a pack's belt webbing and hip stabilizer strap, offering you extra room, and convenience for the items you want to have at hand on the trail. They feature a water-resistant YKK zipper. The fabrics are ultralight 70-denier ripstop Hybrid sil-nylon Cordura and 210-denier nylon Cordura. Available in two styles, one that attaches to the right side of the belt, the other to the left side. Try a set for maximum trail accessibility (sold individually).

- CampSaver.com

Granite Gear belt pockets work with the Granite Gear packs and most other packs on the market. These ultralight, foam padded pockets attach to a pack's belt webbing and hip stabilizer strap, offering you extra room, and convenience for the items you want to have at hand on the trail. They feature a water-resistant YKK zipper. The fabrics are ultralight 70-denier ripstop Hybrid sil-nylon Cordura and 210-denier nylon Cordura. Available in two styles, one that attaches to the right side of the belt, the other to the left side. Try a set for maximum trail accessibility (sold individually).

- SunnySports

On Sale. Granite Gear Belt Pocket (Fall 2009) Features for the Belt Pocket by Granite Gear:waterproof YKK zipperadjustability to keep pocket snug to beltwill fit on packs from other manufacturersFabrics:70 D Hybrid Cordura RipstopSpecifications:Weight: 1.4oz [40g]Sizes: left or right sideDimensions: 5" x 5" x 1.25" [12.7cm x 12.7cm x 3.2cm]

Attach this ultralight, foam-padded hip-belt pocket to your backpack for convenient storage of smaller items that you want easier access to on the trail. Fits all Granite Gear, and most other, packs. Made from 70-denier ripstop hybrid (silicone-nylon) and 210-denier Cordura nylon for ultimate durability and water resistance. Water-resistant YKK zipper withstands heavy use. Attaches to your pack's belt webbing and hip stabilizer strap. Interior dimensions: 5 in. (length) x 2 in. (width) x 4.5 in. (height). Volume: 45 cu. in. Weight: 1.4 oz.

- EMS

Granite Gear Belt Pocket

The Granite Gear Belt Pocket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 15, 2014 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new pack pocket, check out the best reviewed current models.