Granite Gear Leopard A.C. 58

Can't believe a pack like this is possible. I have…

Summary

Can't believe a pack like this is possible.

Pros

• Durability
  • Versatility
  • Comfort
  • Customization

Cons

• Accessories are extra (don't we pay enough?)

I have never given a product a 5 until now. I am really impressed with the durability and versatility of this pack. I've put it through a full year in every season in every kind of weather and this pack has eaten it for breakfast and asked for seconds.

Lack of hip belt is actually a good thing. This allows for greater customization and specialization of this pack. I put a gear loop on one side and used a lok mount on the other side for my bush knife in northern Michigan and Canada during hunting seasons, hiked through Nevada and California scrambling through sandstone landscapes and the pack just doesn't really wear or tear.

Plan on mountaineering with it this winter and crampons. If I feel this pack continues to hold up to the extreme abuse I put it through, then I will train with it in Utah this winter and thru hike the PCT with it.

This is a preliminary review since I haven't had this…

Price Paid: 199$

Pros

• Quality construction
  • User friendly features

This is a preliminary review since I haven't had this pack on the trail yet, just used it for training hikes so far. This is top quality that you would expect from GG.

This pack has an exhaustive compression system and carries my 30 lb load very well. I also like the removable top lid that you can use as a fanny pack if you have a belt (there are two belt loops sewn on the underside of top lid) I would recommend this pack to friends.

If you've owned or used a Granite Gear Leopard A.C. 58, please share your experience.