Granite Gear Long Howl

This is the best dog pack that money can buy. Granite…

Summary

This is the best dog pack that money can buy. Granite Gear in my opinion makes the very best dog packs. I used the Alpha pack for my dog when I thru hiked the Appalachian Trail. I decided to upgrade to the Long Howl pack for my new dog. I have been backpacking a couple of times, including a 5-day trip on the Long Trail and I have seen no problems with the pack or the dog wearing it.

Pros

• Rides well on dog
  • Pack is removable from frame
  • Good warranty

Cons

• Sized too big
  • Frame is somewhat tedious to put straps through

My big suggestion is to get a smaller size then you think. My 35 pound dog wears the XS, my 75 pound dog wears the M. Also, remember to never overload the pack. Your dog will not like you for it. I never put more then 5 days of food in their packs. As they eat the food I then sneak other items in like garbage or a ground cloth.

Check out my Youtube Video Review:

If you've owned or used a Granite Gear Long Howl, please share your experience.

Granite Gear Long Howl

currently retails for:
MSRP: $109.95

where to buy:

XS S M L XL
Capacity 366 cu in / 6 L 488 cu in / 8 L 732 cu in / 12 L 976 cu in / 16 L 1220 cu in / 20 L
Weight 16.6 oz / 472 g 17.7 oz / 502 g 18.9 oz / 535 g 21.3 oz / 603 g 25 oz / 708 g
Price $109.95 USD $114.95 USD $119.95 USD $129.95 USD $139.95 USD