Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian Ki

Great weight distribution. Durable. Comfortable. My…

Price Paid: 280$

Summary

Great weight distribution. Durable. Comfortable. My best friend on the trail. Great customer service

Pros

• Materials
  • Weight distribution
  • Comfort
  • Good torso adjustment

Cons

• Squeak
  • Must be packed carefully

I am a small woman and I bought this pack after being frustrated with the way other packs (Osprey, Gregory) just plain hurt my body after a trip. It's maiden voyage was the first trip of my 6 mos backcountry trail crew season and the verdict? I'M IN LOVE!

The pack is easily adjusted to fit my small frame, and due to the flexibility of the frame sheet, and the pivot points on the belt and shoulders, it moves with me as I walk. I usually have to pack in 35-50 pound of gear, food, and tools, and the Nimbus Meridian always comfortably carried this weight...while still being kind to my hips and back. I find that because it is smaller than many standard packs, more care must be taken when packing it in order to get the most out of its suspension...no shoving things in willy-nilly with this one.

It can be loaded from the top, but I also love the full length panel zipper down the front. It makes it easy to access gear (like a first aid kit) on the trail without digging through you pack. The zipper is backed up with straps on the front that are great for a sleeping pad. There are also compression straps on the sides that allow you to cinch up your load. They also double as a way to strap tools an gear to the outside.

That is enough about the use, how about the abuse? On a trail crew, my gear takes a beating that most backpackers will never put theirs through. This pack has rolled down steep slopes, been smooshed by a log, had axes, pulaskis, and saws strapped to it at various points, been strapped to a mule, used as a much needed barrier between my butt and the muddy ground, and been expose to snags, brambles, and branches. After 6 mos of this I have not seen any abnormal signs of wear and tear, other than it being filthy!

The customer service at Granite Gear is fantastic. My pack was one of many that had issues with a squeaky framesheet. I contacted them about this, and they sent me a new one free of charge, within a week. The squeak has been resolved!

I love it. You should buy it.

Islandess

It sounds like we have a lot in common :) so I thank you kindly for this review! I'm remote and can only order things from far away (slowly and usually expensively), so a review like this is truly valuable. Thanks!

1 year ago
If you've owned or used a Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian Ki, please share your experience.

Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian Ki

The Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian Ki is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 5, 2013 at CampSaver.com.

Weight 1.6 kg / 3 lb 8 oz