Granite Gear Pulk Sled

Weight 7.65 kg / 16 lb 14 oz
Capacity 245 L / 15000 cu in

I have owned a Granite Gear Pulk more than a half…

Price Paid: I forget. I don't think it was $600 but I did purchase it brand new from a store

I have owned a Granite Gear Pulk more than a half dozen years now. I love it.

I needed to get groceries from the truck to my remote location residence in the mountains. I tried a kid's plastic sled first, carefully "postholing" to step in the same step, holding the edge of the plastic sled, scooting the sled along.

My Akita was very interested in the proceedings. I thought there must be a better way, but, I admit my first thought was a skijorn harness for my dog and he could pull it. But I purchased a Granite Gear Pulk instead.

Maybe I could have purchased a skijorn harness for the Akita, anyway, and he could pull the Granite Gear Pulk and I could follow behind the proceedings with a drag rope to slow him down, or, keep the Pulk on course?

The fact is, I found out the Granite Gear Pulk pulls so easily I don't really notice it much. In fact, I exercise in winter by pulling it on the dirt and gravel road around the back of the lake. It pulls so nicely on rolling terrain like that. I don't think that road has more than a small portion at 2-3% grade.

I have MSR Evo Ascent snowshoes for more rough terrain but I haven't used the Pulk for rougher terrain, except for some easy winter camping.

I hope to do more winter camping now that smaller tarps, tents and tipis made for hunters, I guess, have small wood stoves.

I just like making a winter camp.

I have considered using it with the shorter "mountaineering" skis.

I have considered using cross-country ski wax products on the hull.

I have used 303 Aerospace Protectorant product on it, top and bottom and inside out, for protection from deterioration from the harmful UV. It looks practically new, showing no sign of wear except a little on the bottom.

I do avoid dragging it over rocks or on gravel.

Visit Granite Gear's Pulk Sled page.

Free Shipping. Granite Gear Expedition Pulk Sled DECENT FEATURES of the Granite Gear Expedition Pulk Sled Thermo-molded, high molecular weight hull is lightweight and offers the lowest in.coefficient of frictionin. (drag) on snow of any molded plastic High Tenacity 210 Denier Cordura cover has three compression straps to secure gear and a full length zipper for access. The hull's molded-in ski runners exactly match those of cross-country grooming equipment. The sled tracks well on ski trails and can be used to set tracks. Quick connect/disconnect hardware makes in.hooking upin. and unhooking fast and simple. Brake prevents sled from sliding backward on slopes. Advanced harness system involves your whole body in pulling the sled. Leg loops, hip belt, shoulder straps and three attachment points to the sled distribute effort to all the major muscle groups. Strong, fiberglass poles (53in.) break down into sections for easy transport. Pole ends are made of a strong, flexible nylon. This allows normal hip rotation during turns on skis, helps the sled follow you, and reduces the chance of pole breakage. The bow of the hull is angled to easily get over obstacles such as sastruggi and downed trees. Because of it's angled bow, our hull rides on top of the snow rather than pushing a big in.wakein.. One experienced user was so impressed he nicknamed it in.The Snow chooner.in. Lightweight Sled, cover and harness system = 16.75 lbs. / 7.65kg The SPECS Volume: 15000 Cubes / 245 liters Weight: 16 lbs 14 oz. / 7.65 kg Load: 200 lbs / 90 kg ALL CLIMBING SALES ARE FINAL.

The Pulk Sled with its innovative harness makes getting your gear up the mountain or deep into the backcountry a smooth experience. Granite Gear's newest product comes form a very old idea. Pulk comes from a Laplander word, pulkke, meaning traveling sled. Though Granite Gear updated the materials from the traditional wood and reindeer hide, the idea is the same load it up, hook into the harness and pull your winter gear rather than carry it. With a crossed fiberglass stay system, flexible nylon connecting rods, and a zero play full body harness, this sled pulls and turns like a dream. The lightweight hull offers the lowest coefficient of friction (drag) on snow of any other plastic. The durable cover has 3 compression straps to secure gear and a full-length zipper for access. The hull's molded-in ski runners are just like those of cross-country grooming equipment, and can even be used to set tracks. The poles are constructed in such a way as to allow for normal hip rotation during turns on skis, helping the sled follow you and reducing the chance of pole breakage. The poles also break down into sections for easy transport. The advanced harness system involves your whole body in pulling the sled. Leg loops, hip belt, shoulder straps and three attachment points to the sled distribute the effort over all major muscle groups.--Vendor

Granite Gear Pulk Sled

The Granite Gear Pulk Sled is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 12, 2011 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new sled/pulk, check out the best reviewed current models.