Weight 1.39 kg / 3 lb 1 oz
Capacity 52.5 L / 3200 cu in

This pack is lightweight. It's more of a minimalist…

Summary

This pack is lightweight. It's more of a minimalist or ultralight pack but still has nice features.

Pros

• Roomy
  • Nice looking
  • Deep water bottle pockets

Cons

• The bottle pockets are too high to reach when wearing the pack.
  • Needs at least one exterior pocket other than the lid for outerwear, etc.
  • The buckles on the adjustable shoulder straps tend to disappear into the holes of the lid. They're hard to get out.

I love this pack. Yes, there are some irritating negatives but overall the Vapor Flash by Granite Gear is a great, lightweight pack.

While researching ultralight packs this one caught my eye because it's sharp looking and had a decent price tag. Obviously it's going to be missing some of the pleasantries of heavier packs, but it does a great job on weekend trips.

I wasn't sure how I was going to like a frameless pack, but it is very very comfortable and actually breathes very well. My pack weight is around 21 pounds. I would suggest staying under 30 with this pack for peak performance.

I give it a 4 due to no exterior pocket, it comes with a hip belt that is almost too small for me 5'-10" 180 lbs, the Nalgene pockets are too high to use while wearing the pack, and the cinch straps just seem pesky.

It was a challenge for me to get two nights worth…

It was a challenge for me to get two nights worth of gear into this bag, but it did fit. Having to bring cold weather (below freezing) clothing/sleeping gear always makes it a bit more difficult. Plus I always pack like I'm going to get lost for two weeks and have to pull Survivorman.

I bought this pack for a couple reasons:

1. I love my Nimbus Ozone, and now stand by Granite Gear packs.
  2. I wanted a pack with larger top pocket that could also be used as a waistpack.
  3. It was the perfect size for my 1-2 night outings.

At 35lbs, with water (two 32oz bottles plus a bladder), I was a bit over capacity, but the suspension kept the load very comfortable and stable. I did have difficulties adjusting the top shoulder straps which run through the top lid. This and the frustration I had trying to use the lid as a waistpack were the only downfalls I've found with the Vapor Flash.