Gregory Adze

I bought this pack for my wife, but I've since taken…

Price Paid: I can't remember

Summary

I bought this pack for my wife, but I've since taken it over. I bought the tall version. She's tall, and I'm 6'2" and 175Ib. I've extended the straps out to the most and it just fit. I really like this bag. It's easy to pack, feels light, and the fabric is a good quality. I don't know what I should mention as negatives!

Pros

• Feels light
  • Easy to carry
  • I can strap the tent on the side.

In regards to capacity, I'm using it for up to 3-4 days hike in the summer. It has a good compression system with plenty of attachment possibilities on the outside.

Ah! The good old "bought this for my wife and then used it for myself" routine. I've done that many times! :)

Awesome bag, this was my first Gregory pack but after…

Size: 40 L
Height of Owner: 6'2"

Awesome bag, this was my first Gregory pack but after using this one I sold my 80L pack and bought a Gregory Palisade as well. Unless I overload it I forget I have it on my back. I've used it daily for college for two years and frequently in a wide range of outdoor sports through all 4 seasons.

I gave it 4.5 stars because after two years of use the strap broke but I sent it in to Gregory so I'm awaiting their reply. I highly recommend this pack and Gregory's products.

Floating top lid, expandable front pocket and beefy suspension make the Gregory Adze an ideal backcountry cohort.Gregory Adze Specifications: Thermoformed Exo.Frame.AutoCant harness system.Full length 1/2” stay.All Terrain harness.I-Beam ventilation.All Terrain waistbelt.Top access.Large front zip pocket with Velcro butterfly closure.Cross-over compression system.Ski-tail stabilizers easily accommodates skis of any width.630 d HT body fabric.Two removable ice axe loops and keeper straps.Zippered waistbelt pockets.Hydration sleeve and port.Cross-over Compression.

- OMCgear

On Sale. Free Shipping. Gregory Adze Pack (Fall 2007) - Best of BB Award Floating top lid, expandable front pocket and beefy suspension make the Adze by Gregory an ideal backcountry cohort. Small: Volume: 2260 IN3 / 37 L Weight: 3 LBS. 12 OZ. / 1.7 KG Medium: Volume: 2450 IN3 / 40 L Weight: 4 LBS. 0 OZ. / 1.8 KG Large: Volume: 2600 IN3 / 43 L Weight: 4 LBS. 4 OZ. / 1.9 KG Features Thermoformed Exo Frame Auto Cant harness system Full length 1/2 stay All Terrain harness I-Beam ventilation All Terrain waistbelt Top access Large front zip pocket with Velcro butterfly closure Cross-over compression system Ski-tail stabilizers easily accommodates skis of any width 630 d HT body fabric Two removable ice axe loops and keeper straps Zippered waistbelt pockets Hydration sleeve and port

Save 30%-60% at REI-Outlet.com! Closeout. Cross-over compression straps hold a rope or jacket securely to the front of the pack. Dual ice axe loops and keeper straps fit straight and curved shaft tools. Foam-padded, contoured shoulder straps with Auto-Cant harness self-adjusts to fit a wide range of shoulders in various physical activities. For short backcountry ventures and multi-sport activities, this technical daypack handles hiking, ski mountaineering and alpine rock climbing. Front pocket has two daisy chain rows for clipping on extra gear. Hydration-compatible design features reservoir pocket and drink tube exit port for on-the-go hydration (reservoir sold separately). Lightweight, All Terrain curved shoulder harness uses dual-density, knit laminated foams for a plush custom fit. Load range is 25 lbs. or less. Main body is a 630-denier high-tenacity nylon fabric for performance and durability. Mesh backpanel uses recessed cavities and an I Beam ventilation channel along spine to increase airflow for ventilation and moisture wicking. Minimalist, low-profile waistbelt has a zippered pocket for keeping small essentials within reach. Stretch side pockets with mesh bottom for drainage and expansion, plus Spandura ski-tail pass-throughs. Thermo-formed Exo-Frame is light, supportive and flexible ideal for activities that require constant bending and twisting. Top-loading pack has a long, vertical, water-resistant zippered front pocket with a butterfly hook-and-loop closure.

Gregory Adze

The Adze has been discontinued.

The Gregory Adze is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 18, 2008 at OMCgear.