Gregory Chaos

Fairly comfortable at light loads. I'm using it as…

Design: internal
Size: 3000
Number of Pockets: 1
Max. Load Carried: 30 lbs
Height of Owner: 6'2"

Fairly comfortable at light loads. I'm using it as a large daypack. I am disappointed at the Mirage compatible statement. I find it to be quite misleading as there is no place to place the bladder except to lash it down to the top and then you run the risk of it falling out when your fluid level runs low while you are climbing through blowdown! It is also difficult to find a good way to incorporate the tube so it won't be in the way in tight quarters.

The top pocket is really just a pouch that is attached to the frame by three really long straps. I guess it is set up for about 150 feet of rope. Of course this would probably play havoc with the mirage hydration system.

I called Gregory for quidance and all they could suggest was buying one of their attachable side pockets and stuffing the bladder in it. So much for a balance load with 110 0z of water on one side of your pack.

As I said before, the pack is otherwise very adequate for its purpose. I just hate being misled.

This is an great day pack! I have used many others…

Design: Rucksack
Size: 2700 ci /med
Number of Pockets: 2
Max. Load Carried: 35 lbs
Height of Owner: 6'00"

This is an great day pack! I have used many others and this is by far the most comfortable. This past winter I used it as an ice climbing pack, it carries the load more comfortably than anything else I have tried. It also climbs well (as well as anything this size climbs). This pack is a great value.

It is sized to your torso length to ensure a good fit.:)

If you've owned or used a Gregory Chaos, please share your experience.

Gregory Chaos

The Chaos has been discontinued.

The Gregory Chaos is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 26, 2007 at GearTrade.