Gregory Deva 70

x-small small medium
Weight 5 lb 9 oz 5 lb 12 oz 5 lb 15 oz

Although some people may like it for the lower back…

Size: XS
Height of Owner: 5'3

Although some people may like it for the lower back support, after putting it on for about an hour, my lower back was KILLING me. It didn't work for me at all, but some people may really like it. The zippers are hard to get undone and I've heard it doesn't last through rough weather conditions. I like the straps though. Gregory always makes good straps.

I really like the looks and feel of this pack, nice…

I really like the looks and feel of this pack, nice pockets, easy access and finally a feminine color.

I think 70 cu is perfect for multiday excursions, but the lower lumbar back is just too curved for me.  It felt as it someone had their fist in my back after an hour.

I ended up with the Osprey Ariel 65.  If this pack worked, I would have bought, but we're not all made the same.

I REALLY wanted this pack to work. I loved the look…

I REALLY wanted this pack to work. I loved the look of it, the price, the features, the quality-everything!

The hip straps move independently of each other, the water bottle holder is angled toward you so you don't have to remove the pack to get to it, and there is an extra access point in the middle that not all packs have. I tried it on in the store, but I needed a size down, so I ordered it online.

It got to my house and I loaded it with 20lbs or so... and it had the same problem as the one I tried on in the store a size up! The padding on the hip straps and on the back of the pack dug into my hip bone at a horrible angle. I went back to the store to see if they could help, but no such luck.

I feel rude saying this, but my hips are too boney for the pack. Honestly, if I tossed a little more fat around the love handles, I think it might've worked, but the padding just didn't work for me.

I ended up returning it and going with a Lowe Alpine pack. It doesn't have the look or the features of the Deva, but it feels like I'm carrying 10lbs when I'm carrying 30lbs and it holds up well... and really that's what is important.