This is a large capacity pack deigned specifically…

Price Paid: $345 Canadian

Summary

This is a large capacity pack deigned specifically for women. It comes in three sizes so that everyone can get a comfortable fit.

Pros

• Designed to fit women
  • Comes in three sizes
  • Well made

Cons

• Perhaps more pockets than necessary

This pack is the newest and largest of several Gregory packs I own. My personal reason for choosing this brand is that I am 5'2" with a short torso and Gregory makes well designed women's specific packs in three sizes, so I am able to find a good fit with the extra small version.

So far I have only used it on canoe trips where it was only necessary to carry it over portages, but I am very happy with it so far.

It comes with a lightweight removable daypack which hangs inside and doubles as a water bladder.

There is also a rain cover and a removable divider for the sleeping bag, neither of which I used because I preferred a lightweight waterproof roll top pack liner for canoeing because this will protect all the contents and help keep it afloat in the event of a dumping. The outer pockets were used for items that wouldn't come to harm if they got wet. I think I will do the same for my upcoming backpacking trip.

There are plenty of pockets if you like a lot of pockets to lose items in. Two on the outside off the lid, one on the inside of the lid, a big one on the front, one down each side, one on each side of the hip belt, plus a water bottle pocket on one side and an open pouch on the other side.

I didn't use all the pockets and would probably prefer a less complex design, but that is a minor complaint when you have a comfortable fit.

I haven't had this long enough to comment on its durability, but my other Gregory packs have worn vey well.

Welcome to Trailspace, Angela. Thanks for the review. I hope you'll update us on your pack continues to perform. Care to share any pictures of your pack and its many pockets?