Gregory Dipsea 6

Weight 15 oz / 450 g
Volume 320 cu in / 5.5 L

It's a great looking, lightweight, and practical hydration…

Summary

It's a great looking, lightweight, and practical hydration pack for long distance trail running. It fits nicely for ladies (I'm abt 1.61m, 47kg) and doesn't move about during the runs. There are enough compartment and space within the pack to put essential items besides the bladder.

Pros

• Looks
  • Enough compartments

Cons

• Ventilation at the back

I have been using it for a year. It's lightweight. Enough pockets or compartments and space in the bag to put another 500ml bottle besides the hydration bladder, valuables and some energy bars.

The side pockets are useful for putting keys, gels and small items. It's fitting for my size (lady of 1.61m, 47kg) and doesn't move about during my runs. Hip belt is secure and doesn't move about, easy to clip on and off.

One slight disadvantage, perhaps as with other packs, the back can get a bit hot when I use it for running in a tropical climate.

Overall, I love this pack. Pity I just lost it...

and miraculously I found it back 3 weeks after my loss! :)

OK running pack with some shortcomings. Not a men's…

Summary

OK running pack with some shortcomings. Not a men's pack.

Pros

• Features
  • Space

Cons

• Men's fit
  • Men's comfort

This is good back, but it runs short on the torso. It has a lot of nice features; zip side pockets, back outer pocket hodls a shell and the interior holds a 2 litter bladder fine. The pack hold everything you need for a 2-4 hour run. It runs short on the torso, which is surprising for Gregory since they pride themselves on fit.

The Dipsea is a great pack with lots of nice features, but not designed for men. It's short on the torso and rides high. The hip pocket's zipper is difficult to manage on the run. Seems like Gregory marketed the pack for men, but I would not recommend for guys.

All said, it's still a good buy if you pick up discounted.

Hi Ed, You're right, the Dipsea is a women's specific pack. You might want to check out the Diablo 6 instead, it's Gregory's men's version : http://www.trailspace.com/gear/gregory/diablo-6/

1 year ago

Gregory Dipsea 6

The Gregory Dipsea 6 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 5, 2014 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new hydration pack, check out the best reviewed current models.