Gregory Ekko

I love this pack! I originally bought it for day hikes…

Design: Top and Front loading
Size: 2100 cubic inches
Number of Pockets: 2
Max. Load Carried: 35+ lbs
Height of Owner: 6' 0"

I love this pack! I originally bought it for day hikes and hikes to favorite climbing walls with my gear. I have pushed it to its weight limit, carrying as much as 35+ pounds(manufacturer rates it at a max of 30 lbs)and it has passed with flying colors. Light or heavier loads carry well in this pack.

I love it so much that I have ended up using it for school as well. To protect the floor of the pack I use an old teeshirt folded up to prevent textbooks from causing wearing or stressing. I also use the hydration pocket for my notebooks this allows quick access and room for a jacket or gloves on top of the books. Not really an ideal school pack, but I love it so much that I easily made it work.

The lack of a floating top pocket has not been an issue for me, even with a full pack. Worth every penny.
I love this Gregory pack so much that I bought their Whitney and Electra packs for my wife and I, also quality packs!

I chose the Ekko as my European travel pack when I…

Design: front/top loading internal
Size: 2100 cubic inches / 34 Liters (M/L)
Number of Pockets: 3
Max. Load Carried: 25 lbs.
Height of Owner: 6'0"
Price Paid: 129 USD

I chose the Ekko as my European travel pack when I was studying abroad. It was perfect for long weekends traveling by train and was very comfortable carrying clothes, camera, bread knife, and some food -- enough for one 10-day excursion. I never threw too much weight into it, though I expect it could handle upwards of 35 lbs. The panel access and versatile strap system allowed me to come home with gifts, and the compressibility allowed me to "carry-on" for short flights. My only complaint is its lack of a floating lid; I like it so much I'm considering doing this modification in-house.

Pack suspension is fantastic--light, single 3/4 length…

Design: Top/front-loading internal
Size: ca. 2100 c.i.
Number of Pockets: 2 (not including main compartment)
Max. Load Carried: 30 lbs.
Height of Owner: 6'0"

Pack suspension is fantastic--light, single 3/4 length stay doesn't qualify it as a rucksack--comfortable, strong and flexible for intensive warm weather day hikes or snowshoe, backcountry or xc ski tours. Plenty of room for gear, clothing, or food for a long day trip. Access gear through the top, or through unigue panel system. Lots of options to lash hardwear, skis, or snowshoes, which the pack can carry effortlessly. Also has a hydration pocket--an added plus. Just don't try to carry much more than 25 lbs; the pack isn't designed for heavier loads. Only disadvantage: no floating lid.

Free Shipping. Gregory Ekko Daypack (Fall 2007) - 20% Off (use code 581) Even stuffed with a day's worth of gear, this technical mid-size pack feels stable and streamlined on your back. You'll appreciate that on ski descents, alpine rock routes, and other backcountry ventures on varied terrain. Its cross-over compression system can be reversed to lash a rope, jacket, or shovel to the outside of the pack. Top opening and a unique twin-zip front panel provide fast access to the interior. Volume Extra Small/Small: 1800 cubic inches / 29 liters Medium/Large 2100 cubic inches / 34 litersWeight Extra Small/Small: 3 lbs. 11 oz. / 1.7 kg Medium/Large 3 lbs. 14 oz. / 1.8 kg Suspension Auto-Cant harness All Terrain harness 3/4 length 1/2in. wide 7075 aluminum stay Exo-Frame Level 2 waistbelt with zippered pocketPack Top and front access Dual zipper front access Fixed top pocket Stretch side pockets with ski-tail pass-throughs 640 denier HT nylon body fabric Fleece sunglasses pocket inside top pocket Two ice axe loops and keeper straps

The Gregory Ekko backpack is the only bag you need for year-round climbing and skiing tours and daytrips. Grab your gloves from the top of the pack and access your rope through the front of it. Dual access lets you organize your pack for easy gear change-outs. The Gregory Exo-Frame framesheet is flexible enough to move with you as you reach for a climbing hold or plant your ski pole, and is stable enough to support a full load when you're hiking for five miles to get to your route. I Beam ventilation prevents moisture build-up and keeps you cool through the summer months. Built to carry 25lb or less, this is the perfect pack for a day at the crag, the icicle, or hiking laps in search of pow. The ice axe loops are removable so when the spring hits you can customize your bag for the rock.

The Ekko is the perfect do-anything pack. If your weekend plans are multiple choice bolt clipping at the local crag Drop-knee turns on sun-spackled corn snow A little picnic at your favorite overlook this is the pack for you. The Ekko's flexible Exo-Frame suspension system moves with your body a pleasure when fast reflexes mean the difference between eating lunch in the trees and eating a tree for lunch. The Ekko is part of Gregory's All-Terrain Series, and is designed for multi-sport functionality.Even stuffed with a day s worth of gear, this technical mid-size pack feels stable and streamlined on your back. You ll appreciate that on ski descents, alpine rock routes, and other backcountry ventures on varied terrain. Its cross-over compression system can be reversed to lash a rope, jacket, or shovel to the outside of the pack. Full front twin zip inner pack access to prevent excessive digging. Pre-curved stay combined with Exo Frame technology eases heavy loads during full body activities like climbing or skiing.

- RockCreek

The Ekko is the perfect do-anything pack. If your weekend plans are multiple choice—bolt clipping at the local crag? Drop-knee turns on sun-spackled corn snow? A little picnic at your favorite overlook?—this is the pack for you. The Ekko's flexible <A href="/images_shared/gregory/exoframe.asp" target=blank>Exo-Frame™</A> suspension system moves with your body—a pleasure when fast reflexes mean the difference between eating lunch in the trees and eating a tree for lunch. The Ekko is part of Gregory's <A onclick="window.open('/images_shared/gregory/allterrain.html', 'Gregory_Allterrain', 'width=825, height=630, statusbar=yes, scrollbars=yes, resizable=true')" href="#">All-Terrain Series</A>, and is designed for multi-sport functionality.<BR><BR>Even stuffed with a day’s worth of gear, this technical mid-size pack feels stable and streamlined on your back. You’ll appreciate that on ski descents, alpine rock routes, and other backcountry ventures on varied terrain. Its cross-over compression system can be reversed to lash a rope, jacket, or shovel to the outside of the pack. Full front twin zip inner pack access to prevent excessive digging. Pre-curved stay combined with <A href="/images_shared/gregory/exoframe.asp" target=blank>Exo Frame™</A> technology eases heavy loads during full body activities like climbing or skiing.<BR><BR>

- ClimbingGear

A technical daypack/rucksack featuring the exceptionally stable Exo-Frame system. Top and front access combined with stretch side pockets and hydration compatibility for climbers, hikers, and skiers. "Our tester says, 'Handsdown the most comfortable technical daypack I've ever carried.'" - Men's Health Gear Guide Fall 2005. Thermoformed Exo-Frame back panel and half-length stay support the load yet are torsionally flexible to allow for demanding body movements. Back pads set widely apart for maximum airflow. Suspension also features padded, removable waist belt; contoured shoulder straps with load lifter straps; sternum strap; height adjustments for shoulder straps to vary torso length. Stretch nylon side pockets and side compression straps easily accommodate skis. Removable and adjustable ice axe loops; hydration sleeve and port; top pocket with fleece sleeve for sunglasses; 3 daisy chains for clipping extra items.

- EMS

Gregory Ekko

The Ekko has been discontinued.

The Gregory Ekko is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 21, 2008 at Moosejaw.