I love this pack! I originally bought it for day hikes…

Design: Top and Front loading
Size: 2100 cubic inches
Number of Pockets: 2
Max. Load Carried: 35+ lbs
Height of Owner: 6' 0"

I love this pack! I originally bought it for day hikes and hikes to favorite climbing walls with my gear. I have pushed it to its weight limit, carrying as much as 35+ pounds(manufacturer rates it at a max of 30 lbs)and it has passed with flying colors. Light or heavier loads carry well in this pack.

I love it so much that I have ended up using it for school as well. To protect the floor of the pack I use an old teeshirt folded up to prevent textbooks from causing wearing or stressing. I also use the hydration pocket for my notebooks this allows quick access and room for a jacket or gloves on top of the books. Not really an ideal school pack, but I love it so much that I easily made it work.

The lack of a floating top pocket has not been an issue for me, even with a full pack. Worth every penny.
I love this Gregory pack so much that I bought their Whitney and Electra packs for my wife and I, also quality packs!

I chose the Ekko as my European travel pack when I…

Design: front/top loading internal
Size: 2100 cubic inches / 34 Liters (M/L)
Number of Pockets: 3
Max. Load Carried: 25 lbs.
Height of Owner: 6'0"
Price Paid: 129 USD

I chose the Ekko as my European travel pack when I was studying abroad. It was perfect for long weekends traveling by train and was very comfortable carrying clothes, camera, bread knife, and some food -- enough for one 10-day excursion. I never threw too much weight into it, though I expect it could handle upwards of 35 lbs. The panel access and versatile strap system allowed me to come home with gifts, and the compressibility allowed me to "carry-on" for short flights. My only complaint is its lack of a floating lid; I like it so much I'm considering doing this modification in-house.

Pack suspension is fantastic--light, single 3/4 length…

Design: Top/front-loading internal
Size: ca. 2100 c.i.
Number of Pockets: 2 (not including main compartment)
Max. Load Carried: 30 lbs.
Height of Owner: 6'0"

Pack suspension is fantastic--light, single 3/4 length stay doesn't qualify it as a rucksack--comfortable, strong and flexible for intensive warm weather day hikes or snowshoe, backcountry or xc ski tours. Plenty of room for gear, clothing, or food for a long day trip. Access gear through the top, or through unigue panel system. Lots of options to lash hardwear, skis, or snowshoes, which the pack can carry effortlessly. Also has a hydration pocket--an added plus. Just don't try to carry much more than 25 lbs; the pack isn't designed for heavier loads. Only disadvantage: no floating lid.