Gregory Iris

After having had a bad experience skijoring over winding…

Design: top loading
Size: 25 litres (extra small)
Number of Pockets: 5
Max. Load Carried: not sure
Height of Owner: 157 cm

After having had a bad experience skijoring over winding undulating trails with a backpack which didn't fit and kept flopping from side to side and throwing me off balance, I bought an extra small Gregory Iris. It was ordered in for me by Wilderness Supply in Winnipeg.

The next year I did the same trip again and was able to completely forget I was carrying a pack. It stayed snugly in place. I am short and it is difficult to find a pack that fits well. The fit is the main reason I recommend it, but it is also light and a good size for a daypack.

I've had this back for a little over a year. Used…

Design: internal frame dayback
Size: small
Number of Pockets: 6: top, back outside, side mesh & 1 mesh "holster" and 2 small mesh on hipbelt
Max. Load Carried: 18 -20 lbs
Height of Owner: 5' 3"
Price Paid: don't recall

I've had this back for a little over a year. Used it as a travel carry-on, for day-hikes and for hill walking in Scotland. As with my Gregory Reality, fits wonderfully. Well-balanced, with good compression straps for small loads. Holds wet and cold weather gear, first aid, and all necessities for walking in the Scottish highlands. Very light weight pack. I'm not crazy about the side mesh water bottle "holster". Seems insecure plus the water sloshes noisely. I don't get the point of it. I use it to tuck gloves into or not at all. I'm considering cutting it off. That's the reason for 4 instead of 5 stars.

This backpack is not the garish lipstick fuschia it…

Size: xs
Height of Owner: 5.0

This backpack is not the garish lipstick fuschia it appears to be in the pictures! It's actually a nice, deeper rose/magenta/burgundy type color.

More importantly, the adjustments are great and I love all the pockets. Honestly, I haven't packed it full and hiked around with it yet, I got it more for the things I tote to work and back, especially on days we take the motorcycle but so far it's very comfortable and well suited to my size in the xs version.

If you've owned or used a Gregory Iris, please share your experience.

Gregory Iris

The Iris has been discontinued.

The Gregory Iris is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.

x-small small medium