Gregory Jade 40

I have not tested this on the trail yet, but it works…

Summary

I have not tested this on the trail yet, but it works great hauling my groceries.

Pros

• Pockets and straps
  • Side entrance
  • Adjustments

Cons

• No rain cover

I have had this for a few months and have only used it hauling my food. (Glass jars, potatos, etc.) I have probably had it heavier then the recommended weight, but it held up great and felt good. (It may have only been 1 1/2 miles from the store to my house, but with the weight and how it wasn't packed the best do to the food, it was super!) The only time I had a problem was when I didn't adjust the straps properly. I am 5'5" and the small is a great fit, even for my 12yo son.

Yes, it will hold a lot, but as stated I haven't tried loading it yet with hiking/camping item. Yes, I like it and would recommend it. I am going up a size just because I need to be able to haul more things, but I am handing it over to a child so it won't be unloved. Even though it doesn't have a rain cover it was able to keep my things dry in my short trek home. I will have to get a rain cover before hitting the trail this summer though.

The material feels good and dried fast next to my heater. The straps are easy to use once you figure out which ones go where. This wasn't a problem, it just like when you get a new car, you have a play with it to learn all it has to offer you. I haven't taken the top pocket/fanny pack off to use, but it does a great job holding bananas and tomatos and keeping them safe.

If you've owned or used a Gregory Jade 40, please share your experience.