GSI Outdoors Bugaboo Cookset SM

I purchased this set to replace an MSR duralight set…

I purchased this set to replace an MSR duralight set that I had and did not like.

The GSI set has a loop on the outside of the pot for the handle which is great because the handle never comes into contact with the teflon. This set is very light weight, durable, and priced right. I have been using this set for years. I have cooked freeze dried meals in it as well as some home cooked versions of backcountry food that I have come up with over the years. After many years of use, this set still looks brand new. I plan on holding onto this set for many years to come.

The 5 piece set contains a 1 qt and 1.5 qt pots with…

The 5 piece set contains a 1 qt and 1.5 qt pots with a 7.5 in. and 6.5 in. fry pan, with a mesh storage bag. It's light weight 1.9 lbs and does not take up much pack room.

I put it through the following test. I cooked a messy beef stew dinner for two people in the 1.5 qt pot. The pot heated up quickly and cooled down just as fast (caution needed the outside of the pot becomes untouchably hot). I found that the 1.5 pot was perfect for cooking a two person meal with, nothing larger though.

After cooking the stew I poured it into dishes and the Teflon coating worked great. Very little stew was left, which made for easy clean up. A little water took care of the rest, but I advise using soap for a complete clean up. The frying pans worked just as good, it made fast work of my bacon and eggs test. Clean up was easy but the bacon grease makes it necessary to use soap. Overall I love the set and Highly Recommend it.