GSI Outdoors Hard Anodized Extreme Mess Kit - 6 pc

I have the previously award winning "Hard Anodized Extreme Cook Set (Medium)". It has two; 1.5 and bigger 2.5 quart pots and their respected lids, a.k.a. fry pans, diamond back gripper, two cutting boards.

The material that the pots and the pans are made of, has a durable and non-stick coating, but in any case I am using wooden utensils, spoon, sptula, etc. when preparing my food, not to scratch it. Smaller one nestles inside the bigger one and my Primus kettle nestles inside the smaller one; all in a mesh bag.

For car camping, when there is no limitation on selecting which gear to take, one can load all in the trunk, but when it comes to backpacking, the bigger pot is taking way too much space in my pack, so I am leaving it behind.

In either case, they can be considered as light. Newer mess kit has a smaller pot, it must be even lighter. Hard anodized aluminum is the way to go.

One star missing rating is for the rather big dimension, do not think otherwise.

Have you owned or used a GSI Outdoors Hard Anodized Extreme Mess Kit - 6 pc? Share your experience »