GSI Outdoors Infinity Stacking Cup

Weight 1.8 oz
Dimensions 5.20 in x 4.00 in x 3.30 in
Materials Clear polypropylene

This is the best backpacking cup! It is lightweight…

Summary

This is the best backpacking cup! It is lightweight and cheap, and it can hook to my pack by the handle, so it's there if I need it.

Pros

• Cheap
  • Has a handle that can easily carabiner to pack
  • Stackable

Cons

• None

image.jpg

image.jpg
Hot coffee on a chilly morning

I never leave this cup at home when I go out backpacking. It is my Go-To cup for coffee, tea, and cocoa. Easy to clean and lightweight. My cup has been through everything! Dropped down a canyon, sat on, lost and then found by a fellow hiker, and still the only cup I ever bring with me backpacking. Most ultra light hikers probably don't even bring a cup, but this cup is so lightweight it's worth having with me.

This is not a mug or a Thermos type cup, so it's not going to keep you hot drinks hot for a long time, of course. I eat rather quickly on the trail so it works great for me. When I make my coffee in the morning I drink it within 5-10 minutes and same with my hot drinks at night. I pretty much make my food, eat it right then and there, and then pack it all up.

I needed some kind of heavy duty lightweight cup because I sometimes eat my dinner right out of the pot. So this way I boil water of my coffee first, then pour the rest into my freeze dried food pouch or throw some noodles right in the pot and eat out of it.

I just picked up three more this year for family and friends. They are green this year. My original one is blue.

Definitely worth the $3.