GSI Outdoors Pinnacle Backpacker Cookset

I purchased this kit to replace my mess kit from when I was a 12 year old scout.  Naturally, this kit is a monster upgrade over that.

I was torn between this kit or a 1 person, lighter, GSI microlist. I finally decided on the 2 person kit, figuring I will be cooking for more than just me, more often than I would be concerned with weight.

I opted for the GSI backpacker kit, over the GSI hiker kit, because I wanted the frying pan for frying up fish I may happen to catch. I selected the Pinnacle over the Bugaboo versions, basically because I had a coupon that brought the pinnacle down to the same price as the bugaboo.  That and I knew I would be hard on this kit and hoped the pinnacle finish would hold up and last longer.

The kit is extremely well thought out. A place for everything, and everything in its place. The sink/ carrying case is handy and did not leak. The cups fit in my hand nice. The sipping lids are great. The frying pan doubled as a plate when needed.  I could pack all my kitchen supplies, lighter, utensils, condiments, stove, down into this package.

I had no issues with the lid melting/ warping.  The velcro latch on the sink, could be slightly longer, I figure over prolonged use, the straps will stretch to where I want them.  The finish seemed very nice.  A second folding handle would be nice so the pot and pan each had one.