GSI Outdoors Pinnacle Dualist Cookset

For the last several years, I have been using an old German Army mess kit as my cookset. It was cheap, and quite simply, it worked. It was however, oddly shaped, making it hard to pack and just wasn't an efficient use of space in my pack.

Enter the GSI Pinnacle Dualist!

Having a pot, strainer lid, two collapsible "foons" (i.e. spork), two bowls (with measuring marks inside), two insulated mugs (also with measuring marks inside), two sip-it lids, and room for a fuel canister and stove in ONE PACKAGE, is really nice.

Coming from using an old Army surplus mess kit, to a cookset like this one, really feels like such a luxury. You've essentially got a camp kitchen with potentially "bowls" for up to four people.

A lot of times I find myself hiking, backpacking, and camping this event, I could leave one bowl, mug, and foon at home, leaving ample space for some food, coffee/tea, or spices. In the event that my wife comes out with me, we could have a meal in one hand and a hot drink in the other.

The pot's finish is smooth and even, the non-stick lining is a nice touch, and the pot and all included "dishes" dry quickly in the sun.

The pot handle is nice and sturdy, the pinch-and-fold lock is secure. The handle keeps everything together when stowed, good and tight.

All in all a great kit, very well designed, and quality manufacture. Highly recommended.