GSI Bugaboo Camper Cookset

We have had this set for two summers now. I purchased…

We have had this set for two summers now. I purchased it after seeing it in use while camping with friends. I have some pretty good praises for it.

The first year we were using it on car camping and lite pack trips. I was able to fit more things like our folding silverware and dish soaps and such in there. We were able to boil water on the camp stove and make tea, hot chocolate, what have you. Made up our stew and cooked up great meals.

The metal wasn't thin or cheap. It was pretty sturdy but still light weight. The handle works well and clips in with no problems. I have even seen that you can purchase spares if needs be. The neoprene sleeves were nice to have with our tea or beverages in the cup/bowl. I liked having the lids on the mugs for use with the kids.

Kids picked their colours and kept using their items after washing up after themselves. The black pack bag is waterproof and we poured our left over hot water in with some soap to do the washing up. Once we dried everything packed back up nicely.

The next times we really put them to use was on the Kenai river. We were camped on the sand dunes. I wasn't sure how well they would hold up being exposed to sand. I was careful with the non stick coating for fear that abrasive sand might damage them. Still we made french toast, bacon and eggs.

I have seen some bad reviews about the pan lid melting on other sites. I bought mine at REI and know that if I have issues I can take it back any time. Overall we have been pretty happy with the set, it's weight, and ease of use.

If you've owned or used a GSI Bugaboo Camper Cookset, please share your experience.