GSI Lexan Javapress

The coffee was sooo good! The cozy looked so smart.

Price Paid: 25 $ or more

The coffee was sooo good! The cozy looked so smart. It was my best coffee maker in 45 years of camping. A joy.

The Lexan coffee press has been sitting in my sink for the longest time now. Its filter stuck at the bottom and me unable to pull it out. I used boiling water, the freezer, tonight I tried dish soap. What's next, oil??? :(

Can anyone help me?

I love my coffee and I wanted to take it camping so…

I love my coffee and I wanted to take it camping so I got one of these, I have been using this since fall 08 on many many outings from overnight to a week. And I have had only one issue with it, the screen on the spout is very small and greatly restricts the flow. But the simple fix for that is to just remove the screen.

Despite the fact that it is only labeled as 10oz coffee press it has no problem making a 12oz cup of coffee. It is a lot stronger than it looks, I am very tough my gear and I haven’t broke it yet. This coffee press comes with a wrap and a rubber base to insulate it in the cold weather but can be removed to conserve weight in the warmer weather.

So in conclusion, it is a good product for a coffee lover and it makes a dam good coffee as well. Since I have used this one I bought a larger glass one I use at home because I like the taste of the coffee so much and a single cup maker just won’t do at home. Also for those who don’t know this when using a coffee press for best results use coarse ground coffee.

The Lexan on this type of press is strong but the…

Price Paid: ?

The Lexan on this type of press is strong but the stem of the plunger breaks off where joins the plastic filter disc.

Comparison:
The mini espresso kettles that sit on top of a burner just take too long to make enough coffee for even one person, break easily and are nerve-wracking while you circle around waiting for your fix, staring at it balanced on the stove, then sip the shot and start again with shaking hands, burning fingers and pupils the size of dinner-plates.

We have moved onto a double walled Bodin thing with the rubber-sealed top spout but it is too heavy for backpacking and the seal on the plunger lip lets too many grinds through. You can knock it over though and the coffee doesn't spill while it is brewing due to the top rubber seal.

The Snow Peak titanium, I noticed, also uses the silicone rubber disc to seal the plunger, so until they bring out a metal mesh disc that presses better against the side walls, it doesn't look worth the money.

Next up, one of the aeropress things and if that fails, it is back to MSR type gold mesh drips that sit on top of or inside the cup.

Ahhh, the endless search for a good brew.

The GSI Outdoor 50 oz. Java Press allows you to enjoy French Press coffee anywhere! Splitring plunger design virtually eliminates coffee 'blowby' for the most flavorful, mudfree coffee. Doublewalled, insulated lid holds in temperature while brewing and serving. Insulating EVA sleeve removes easily for cleaning. Crystalclear, BPAFree Carafe with sturdy molded handle is lightweight and shatterresistant.Capacity: 50 fl. oz.Weight: 14.6 oz.Dimensions: 6.2" x 4.8" x 9.6"Material: CopolyesterSuggested Product Use: Car Camping Includes: 50 fl. oz. Carafe w/Lid, Insulating Sleeve, Patented Plunger Mechanism

- Campmor

* Patented split ring plunger securely traps grounds so you can enjoy delicious ''mud-free'' coffee* Double-wall, insulated lid holds in heat while brewing and serving* Clear carafe is made from BPA-free copolyester* Insulating EVA sleeve with webbing handle removes easily for cleaningSpecifications:Weight: 10.3 ouncesCapacity: 30 fluid ouncesDimensions: 7.7 x 4.5 x 4.2 inchesMaterial: Copolyester

- Mountains Plus

This indestructible French Press is the perfect way to brew great coffee.. Just add boiling water to medium ground coffee, allow 4 minutes to steep, then press down the plunger and you're ready to serve!. Excellent for tea and dishwasher safe but even better when you don't have one!. Great Deal, right here, says Dave...

- Tahoe Mountain Sports

Taken the best FDA approved polycarbonate out there and created an unbeatable selection of bomber storage boxes, kitchen tools, tableware, bottles, beverage holders and more. Lightweight and cut resistant, our Lexan resin products won't stain or hold flavors.So you can use and reuse them for years to come.

- SunnySports

GSI Small Lexan Java Press (Spring 2009) The Small Java Press by GSI can steep 10 ounces of great coffee to perfection. This French Press is perfect for brewing coffee without getting a burnt taste. Made from bombproof polycarbonate material the press is dishwasher safe and features an 'o' ring seal on the plunger to prevent scratching. Also great for tea!

GSI Lexan Javapress

The Lexan Javapress has been discontinued.

The GSI Lexan Javapress is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 9, 2013 at Campmor.

If you're looking for a new coffee press/filter, check out the best reviewed current models.