GSI Personal Java Press

Weight 10.8 oz
Dimensions 4.30 in x 4.20 in x 6.10 in
Materials Co-polyester
Includes 20 fl oz Carafe w/Lid, Insulating Sleeve, Patented Plunger Mechanism, 17 fl oz Mug, Insulating wrap, Sip-it Lid

Perfect for two. Nice little unit to bring to the…

Summary

Perfect for two.

Pros

• Great price
  • Makes "real" coffee

Cons

• Size — a little bulky

Nice little unit to bring to the backcountry, we always take this along. My boyfriend will only drink a "real" cup of coffee, which this press does beautifully and I'm an exclusive tea drinker. So he makes and drinks his coffee from the press and I use the cup for my tea and everyone is happy in the mornings.

Everything packs neatly into the press with room to stash your tea and extras inside. We've had this for about two years now with no problems, and it has seen a lot of use! We take it summer and winter camping, car and backcountry camping. It has been hung from trees and fallen from trees (picked a dead branch for our bear hang).

Easy to clean, love the neoprene covers on both press and cup, as it allows you to drink your morning brew barehanded. Is it a little large and bulky, yes, but it was exactly what we needed and we have no problems packing it with us on all our excursions.

Great price for what you get, I'm thoroughly impressed! If we ever lose or break this unit somehow, we will definitely be buying the exact same one again!

Thanks for sharing your java press review on National Coffee Day!

Now here goes one of those creature comforts I just…

Now here goes one of those creature comforts I just won't do without, my coffee lol. I have used several other methods and presses for coffee in the backcountry. This press is the best one I have found so far.

It is lighter weight and a bit larger than the previous model coffee press from GSI. With a coffee press it is recommended that you use course ground coffee but this model works just fine with the standard medium grind that is readily available at any grocery store for use with electric drip coffee makers. It is very durable and comes apart for easy cleaning, nesting, or easier packing.