GU Electrolyte Brew Tablets

I'm not a big fan of GU in general and most electrolyte…

Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (Trailspace)

Summary

I'm not a big fan of GU in general and most electrolyte drinks wear thin after using them for a long time, but I really like these tablets.

Pros

• taste
  • packaging

Cons

• pressure

When you have the first taste of electrolyte drink at the start of a long race you think, not bad, but by the end of the day keeping it down is an act of will. When I got a tube of Gu Brew tablets I mentally wrote them off and forgot about them.  On a hiking trip my son insisted we bring them and try them.

These tablets don't have sugar, or artificial sugar, so the taste is light and they add a bit of carbonation too.  Normally I drink water, at my desk, with meals or working around the house so I'm not adverse to water, but I found that with these tablets both my son and I were drinking more on our hikes.

One thing to keep in mind is that these tablets add an effervescent to your water so if add one and go they could cause a pressure build up and cause a leak.

Visit GU's Electrolyte Brew Tablets page.

Gu Brew Electrolyte tablets help you replenish essential sodium and potassium to bring your body back into balance and keep you performing at your best.

Sodium and potassium are critical to help you retain the fluids you need to function properly; be sure to enrich your water with the GU Brew Electrolyte Tablets for effective hydration. Each tube comes packed with twelve tablets that you can easily carry with you to drop into your water before, during, and after your workouts and outdoor adventures. Sugar-free and with a light, natural taste, the GU Brew tablets won't weigh you down with anything but the salts that you need.

GU Brew Electrolyte Tablets are simple, light tasting and natural.

- EMS

Stay hydrated during extended training or racing with GU Brew Electrolyte Tablets dissolved in water. These tablets are fortified with a unique blend of electrolytes that help you hydrate better than just drinking water alone. Electrolytes will help your body retain the fluids it needs to function properly. Use GU Brew Electrolyte Tablets with Gel Gu or Gu Chomps for more calories.

- Altrec Outdoors