GU Electrolyte Brew Tablets

I'm not a big fan of GU in general and most electrolyte…

Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (Trailspace)

Summary

I'm not a big fan of GU in general and most electrolyte drinks wear thin after using them for a long time, but I really like these tablets.

Pros

• taste
  • packaging

Cons

• pressure

When you have the first taste of electrolyte drink at the start of a long race you think, not bad, but by the end of the day keeping it down is an act of will. When I got a tube of Gu Brew tablets I mentally wrote them off and forgot about them.  On a hiking trip my son insisted we bring them and try them.

These tablets don't have sugar, or artificial sugar, so the taste is light and they add a bit of carbonation too.  Normally I drink water, at my desk, with meals or working around the house so I'm not adverse to water, but I found that with these tablets both my son and I were drinking more on our hikes.

One thing to keep in mind is that these tablets add an effervescent to your water so if add one and go they could cause a pressure build up and cause a leak.