Guyot Designs Gription

This is a luxury item for hikers, but one that doesn't…

This is a luxury item for hikers, but one that doesn't break the scales too much for its convenience.

The Gription weighs 4 oz, but makes up for its weight in making your life easier when it comes to water bottles. I love that I can (when I'm not using my Camelbak, or it's empty) grab a bottle and hydrate without even slowing down-no cap to unscrew and flop around, no worries of splashing everywhere when I'm on the move.

The curved handle design allows me to slide my hand between it and the 1L bottle and secure it while fast-packing, but does so without me having to grip the bottle tightly with my fingers. One handed access to drinking from the bottle more than justifies the weight of the item, IMO.

The only issues I've had: Getting debris in the top cavity when really bushwacking, but it's easily cleaned out and doesn't interfere with the sipper's operation.

Also the push-cap sticks very infrequently when I have screwed the Gription on too tight - my bad habit, as these things (I have 2) have never leaked. Amazing.

Carbon Negative friend to the environment, like all Guyot products. Too expensive at retail, but worth it and then some on sale.

A lid replacement for most wide-mouth bottles, Gription has a self-sealing valve that allows one-handed drinking while preventing spills. Fits Nalgene, GSI Cyclone, Bison Tiki and Stansport wide-mouth bottles; simply remove old lid and screw-on Gription for drip-free drinking ease. Sturdy plastic construction for long-lasting life; spring-loaded sip button locks open or closed for convenience. Curved, contoured handle is easy to grasp; large thumbhole allows attachment to pack. Dishwasher safe (top rack only).

One-handed grip and sip for your wide-mouth water bottle. Leakproof internal seal. Locking valve. Fits wide-mouth bottles from Nalgene, GSI, Cyclone, Bison, and more. Created by the makers of SplashGaurd. Lock it open for frequent sips or lock it closed when you're on the go. Carabiner loop to easily attach the bottle to your bag or pack. Leakproof, regardless of altitude change. Easy to clean; disassemble and hand wash with warm water and mild soap. Weight: 4 ounces. Water bottle is NOT included.

- EMS

Guyot Designs Gription

The Guyot Designs Gription is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 15, 2009 at Gear for Adventure.

If you're looking for a new hydration accessory, check out the best reviewed current models.