Very light and packable. Sitting around a small campfire…

Summary

Very light and packable.

Pros

• Weight
  • Weight-to-warmth

Cons

• Price

Sitting around a small campfire in the 40°F range with just a thin base layer underneath, it's almost too warm. I judge that to be a good thing.

It's very light, almost like a thin plastic shopping bag filled with downy goodness, like if you were holding it and let go the wind might blow it away. So for warmth-to-weight you can't beat it.

I've worn it in light rain and mist for short periods and it doesn't soak up moisture. I can't speak for its durability rock climbing or bushwhacking. I purchased this product solely to keep me warm when I'm not active or sweating. Very little down has made its way out so far.

It fits me perfectly with a light or midweight underneath. I have the LIM series T-shirt and the Power Dry Hooded Top, both of which I absolutely love, and they fit perfectly together with the jacket as a system. The T-shirt and hooded top are stretchy and snug though, this jacket, while a slim fit, is cut a little looser and for a stand alone piece works well. It's cut long, which I like, and the sleeves are a good length. My only complaint is that the neck is a little constricting when zipped all the way up.

The two hand warmer pockets are deep and generous. The zipper is very thin and reversed European style.

It's a great jacket and it works perfectly for me. I bought it in orange for $135 because I think it's cool. If you want it in black or green, I think you're going to have to pay over $250. I also looked at a version with a hood, but decided against for price and availability.

Thanks for the review, Andy.