Hammer Nutrition Endurolytes Fizz Tube

Hammer Fizz is my go-to ingredient in my bottles.

Source: Amazon

Summary

Hammer Fizz is my go-to ingredient in my bottles. Replenishes electrolytes and helps prevent cramps. I give it 4 stars. If the taste was completely non-bitter, it would be 5 stars.
Highly recommended.

Pros

• Light tasting
  • Non-sticky

Cons

• Mildly bitter, but in a 16oz bottle is cut with 1TB maple syrup.

I am a road cyclist, and Hammer Fizz has become the primary ingredient in my water bottles. For many years I have used maltodextrin (et al)-based drink mix. No matter how I prepared them, even combining several mixes, I found them either too light or too syrupy.

For long rides here in the Northeast U.S., the humidity in spring-summer-fall can be overpowering. Consequently, sweating a lot is natural. On rides over two hours, Fizz-infused water goes down easily and I find absorbed quickly.

That said, Fizz is an acquired taste, a little bitter. Through trial and error, I have found a tablespoon of maple syrup cuts the bitter taste dramatically. Additionally, I keep a few Fizzes in a plastic bag my pockets when on the road to replenish my bottles.

Welcome to Trailspace, Bigg Upp . Thanks for sharing a review of Fizz. Maple syrup may make everything better!