HawK VittleS Breakfast Casserole

An awesome, yummy meal! Single or double servings…

Summary

An awesome, yummy meal!

Pros

• Ample portion
  • Rehydrates beautifully
  • Nice blend of flavors

Single or double servings – this review is for the single serving size.

• Serving size: 16 oz.
  • Calories: 754
  • Ingredients: Eggs, mushrooms, onions, milk, cheese, whole grain bread
  • Available at: http://hawkvittles.com/

Hawk Vittles is a 'cottage' backpacking meal vendor that I found via some YouTube reviews. They package the meals in vacuum seal bags and most have at least a year until expiration (it is marked on each label). Use a 'cozy' when rehydrating to retain heat—DIY or buy one from Hawk Vittles.

I tried this on a day trip with my dog. I set up a spot and boiled some water, then added to the bag and placed in a homemade 'cozy' for about 15-20 minutes. When done, I opened the bag and the wonderful aroma of mushrooms just floored me! I dug in eagerly and was not disappointed at first bite.

This meal is AWESOME! I had some hot sauce handy in case the flavor wasn't there, but this has plenty and I never used the hot sauce. It left me wanting more because it tasted so darn good! (Digby wanted a taste, but there's onions in it, and that's a no-no for doggies, so he had one of his own bikkets instead.)

The meal specifics can be found here—just click on Breakfast Casserole to bring up label:

I did a video review here (starts at 00.35 in):

The customer service from Hawk Vittles is top notch and they ship super-fast. I've tried some other meals by them that I will be reviewing soon. Give them a try--a very nice alternative to the 'usual suspects' of backpacking meals!

Bon Appetit!

HawK VittleS Breakfast Casserole

The HawK VittleS Breakfast Casserole is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new breakfast, check out the best reviewed current models.