Herman leather upper

Herman is absolutely, hands down the best boot one…

Materials: leather, Vibram soles
Use: Hiking, camping, fishing, work
Break-in Period: almost none

Herman is absolutely, hands down the best boot one can buy. However, I am having difficulty finding them, either on the web or in stores. I had my last pair of Hermans (with the Vibram soles) for ten years, needless to say they are just worn out now.

The only thing is that they are a little heavy, but they are practically indestructible. They are warm and comfortable and with a little TLC stay waterproof. They are actually easier to walk around in all day than sneakers, great support.

I bought my first pair of Hermans in 1973. I still…

Materials: leather
Use: snow and mountian wear
Break-in Period: 1 month
Price Paid: don't remember

I bought my first pair of Hermans in 1973. I still use them today. The things just can't be wore out. When I started looking for a lighter hiking boot of course I bought another pair of Hermans. I'm glad I did.

Last Wednesday night, after I got out of the shower, I remembered that I had left the barn door open. I looked around the living room for my house shoes and didn't see them. What I did see was my Hermans sitting by the door where I had left them when I came home earlier. I just said what the heck and stuck my barefeet in them and started out to the barn.

As I walked past my pickup I thought I had tripped on something. I looked down and to my surprise there was a three foot copperhead with his fangs stuck in my boots. I kicked him loose and killed him, then started checking for a bite in my foot. Thanks to the quality of my Hermans the snake's fangs didn't come through my boot. I almost had a heart attack, but my foot was untouched.

B. Vance

WV.

Herman leather upper

The leather upper has been discontinued.

No price on record.

The Herman leather upper is not available from the stores we monitor.