Herman Survivor Tracer

Been looking at them for over a year but was not paying…

Price Paid: $39 a pair

Summary

Been looking at them for over a year but was not paying $55 for them so WuFart has them on clearance for $39 now and I bought the last two pairs in my size. Put insoles in and still breaking them in. So far so good, but I don't do construction work so they should last quite a but longer.

Pros

• Look nice and seem to be fairly well built

Cons

• Made in China now days

Seem to fit well and will take a couple weeks to break in. If they turn out to be good I will keep the second pair for future use. Already replaced the shoestrings with 550 paracord like I do all boots. Support is great and with inserts they have a very nice feel.

Worth the $39 in my opinion. Good luck finding your size thought. On clearance at the two Walmarts near me.

As you can tell by my rating, I love these boots.

As you can tell by my rating, I love these boots. My most recent pair are my 4th pair of Tracers. They are very comfortable, very durable and very affordable.

I really wish more stores around where I live would carry them. As of now, I am willing to go out of my way to find a pair.

I purchased a pair of Herman Survivor Tracer boots…

I purchased a pair of Herman Survivor Tracer boots from Wal-Mart for around 40 dollars and I certainly got my money's worth. I like the boots because I wear steel toe boots for work and have wide feet.

They fit quite comfortably and believe me when I say they are rather durable. I work in demolition and asbestos abatement and these boots stand up to the test.

The only problem is I can't find a new pair in my size! Can you please tell me where to get a size 10 1/2 in the Milwaukee, WI area? None of the Wal-Marts around here seem to be restocking them and I really like these boots.

Normally, I would have given the boots at least one…

Materials: rubber and leather

Normally, I would have given the boots at least one star; they fit fine and were comfortable. But they lasted only three hours before I looked down and noticed that both boots had split completely around the rubber where the rubber meets the leather, and the insides were exposed. The boots are useless after one wear.

So, what good is comfort if the boots can't hold up for even one wearing? It does Wal-Mart's reputation no good to put such a shoddy piece of merchandise on its shelves.

We purchased these work boots only 2 weeks ago and…

Materials: leather
Use: daily wear
Weight: 160lbs

We purchased these work boots only 2 weeks ago and they have split up both sides of the boots. Will give them the fact that they are a comfy boot. But 2 weeks is hardly a money worthy boot. Thank you for your time.

Work boots w/steeltoe only good for about 2 months…

Materials: leather
Use: workboot steeltoe
Break-in Period: 3 weeks
Weight: 255 lbs.

Work boots w/steeltoe only good for about 2 months then stitching broke down on both boots over the little toe area and opened up about an 1/2 inch wide,and 1 inch long.

Herman Survivor puts a tag on their boots saying it is "Satisfaction Guaranteed" with no company address or telephone number. What's up with that?

If you would like to send me a new pair size 12--> send to: Dennis Marcotte, PO BOX 332, Plaistow, NH 03865

Herman Survivor Tracer

The Herman Survivor Tracer is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new winter boot, check out the best reviewed current models.