I have difficulty finding a good fit and sometimes…

Materials: leather
Use: moderate to rough trails, up to 45 lb pack
Break-in Period: min

I have difficulty finding a good fit and sometimes go to lower end products to achieve a decent fit when "better" products just don't work.

This leather boot is lightweight and as durable as more expensive ($150 to $200 range) boots I have owned. The low-tec waterproofing works as reasonably as can be expected. I have used the pair extensively including over 50 miles in the Grand Canyon. They will not wear forever, but for the price the performance is acceptable.

I have used Asolos, Montrails, Columbias, other Hi-Tecs and Dunhams. For fit, price and durability, I give these the highest composite rating. I do put aftermarket better supportive in-soles in for pack carrying. With current trends to lighter packs, these might be as much boot as you need.