Hi-Tec Cascadia XCM eVent WPi

You will not have problems with this kind of boot,…

Price Paid: $75 on sale

Summary

You will not have problems with this kind of boot, the Ballistic construction and the E-vent technology make this boot a must have item in the woods. I highly recommend this boot for backpacking hiking, and long distance hikes.

Pros

• Keep you dry
  • Great ankle support

Cons

• A little stiff boot

After our trip to North Carolina where we hike Rich Mountain, the AT Damascus, Va., and Grandfather Mountain, my hiking gear test step especially my hiking boots, the Hi-Tec Cascadia eVent, these boots passed the test of rain, snow the eVent tecnology works, our last day hiking in snow and I was completely dry and warm finish, good ankle protection also. I recommend this boot, the Hi-Tec Cascadia eVent.

Keep Hiking

I just got these boots about a week ago, and so far…

I just got these boots about a week ago, and so far have only used them for day-to-day use, no strenuous tests or hikes.

But, so far, I love them.

As soon as I picked them up, I knew they were well-built. They just feel well-put-together, and solid.

They do feel very "stiff", which I expected, and which is understandable based on the solid construction. But even after wearing them for a few days, light-duty, they are already softening up (somewhat) and other than the very first short while, have felt very comfortable.

All in all, very impressed.

Even more impressed given that I found them on sale for $90 Cnd. The first place I looked had them tagged at $230 Cnd o_O ... but they didn't have my size so I went elsewhere.  Glad I did.

Got on REI outlet and the HI-TEC Cascadia XC eVent…

Materials: ION MASK /E-VENT
Use: rough trails/ heavy pack 40+lbs
Break-in Period: about 2 weeks
Weight: 3.5 lbs

Got on REI outlet and the HI-TEC Cascadia XC eVent just happen to be on close out at 52% off (REI list $180 ). How could I pass this up, and in my size 11.5.

Got the boots in 2 weeks. Right out of the box they fit great (tried them on at the end of the day) after being on my feet for 12 hrs. Liner socks over wool hiking socks. But just a few miles on around the house before the real test, 11 miles in South Mt. park.

Couldn't have had a better hike, no hot spots, no blisters, all with a 40 lb pack. Tried the water test washing the car, feet were dry with no sign of water seepage.

HI-TEC did a great job on this boot. Hope to have them a long time, and many miles. GO HIKE A TRAIL GET OUT AND HAVE FUN.

Hi-Tec Cascadia XCM eVent WPi

The Hi-Tec Cascadia XCM eVent WPi is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 30, 2013 at Sierra Trading Post.