Hi-Tec Nova 30

I recently purchased this pack for camping hiking…

Design: duffle
Size: 30 litres
Number of Pockets: multiple
Max. Load Carried: ?
Height of Owner: 5'10
Price Paid: 57.75

I recently purchased this pack for camping hiking and getting around this summer. I have

owned it for just half a month using it nearly every day and am already finding problems

with it. The pack itself is okay for organization of space and size for day trips. The

usability of the pack is outweighed by it's ergonomic failures. The design is particularly

uncomfortable for my lower back as the waist strap includes two pads atached with metal

hooks that press directly into both kiddneys. This is a definite problem. I tend to

dehydrate.

I went to return the pack to the retailer and found that they only offer store credit and

there is no manufacturers waranty. The manufacturers website offers no information about any

of there backpacks and I therefore see no resolution from them.

I am dissapointed by this product as the company has provided quality products in the past.

However there is no support for a product issue that I feel is negative toward the owners

health.

If there are any other owners please respond.

hi - tec nova 30

The hip pad doesn't work. The steel buckle rubs directly…

Price Paid: $40-ish

Summary

The hip pad doesn't work. The steel buckle rubs directly onto my right hip.

Pros

• Appealling to look at.

Cons

• Uncomfortable to wear and hard to access items inside.

The pack tends to ride a bit high, even when I lengthen the shoulder straps. Most concerning is how the hip pad fails badly. The steel buckle rubbed right onto my right hip after only a few hundred feet of walking.

Hi-Tec Nova 30

The Nova 30 has been discontinued.

The Hi-Tec Nova 30 is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.