I have hard to fit extra wide feet, and these are…

Use: Long backpacking trips with medium weight pack
Break-in Period: none

I have hard to fit extra wide feet, and these are the best hiking boots I've ever found, and I tried several $120+ pair. I did 500 backpacking miles on the AT this past summer in them (I'm about 165 pounds with a 35 pound pack). Great boots, great price.

The Nova Lite is really more of a mid-weight hiking…

Materials: Suede leather and nylon
Use: Desert hiking, light backpacking
Break-in Period: none
Weight: 3 lbs. 2 oz. per pair (size 11.5)

The Nova Lite is really more of a mid-weight hiking boot. Think of a Hi-Tec V-Lite with an added steel shank and you have the Nova Lite. Still a pretty lightweight boot. With its comfortable fit and flex, I didn't need any break-in time. Works great for dry desert hiking and light loads, good breathability (no sweaty GTX liner to rot your feet).

The Nova comes in a wide size version to properly fit my feet, a big selling point. The boot is fabricated out of suede leather with small breathable fabric side panels, making for good ventilation in hot temperatures. Traction on loose rock and gravel with the carbon rubber sole has been excellent.