I purchased a pair 9 years ago, and had worn it extensively…

Price Paid: Bought at retail (about $100)

Summary

I purchased a pair 9 years ago, and had worn it extensively for multi-days trekking in the Indian and Nepal Himalaya. It is still waterproof until the sole came off 2 years ago. It fits very well and comfortably. Great for trekking and short walks.

Pros

• Fits well
  • Retain waterproof

Cons

• Sole weakened by long walk over rough rock and gravel

Nine years ago, I tried a number of brands and then settled on Sierra V-Lite. Key reasons are: it fits my feet very comfortably, and come across sturdy. This was my 1st Hi-Tec.

Over the years, I had worn it extensively for numerous multi-days trekking in the Indian and Nepal Himalaya. It was waterproof, held my ankle, requires minimal maintenance. Those treks were rocky, but the synthetic body hardly wore off — it was durable. The outsole is a bit soft for my rocky treks though.

The sole came off 2 years ago during one of my treks (!) — the threads that hold the outsole unraveled. I had to let go — I really like it. I have my 2nd pair of Hi-Tec now.

i have been using these boots regularly for about…

Materials: leather /sympatex
Use: hill walking and fishing
Break-in Period: none
Weight: about 500g
Price Paid: £49.99

i have been using these boots regularly for about two years, they are comfy straight out the box and have never lost there waterproofness, i have never treated them as of yet.

they are holding up well sole wearing a little quicker than i like but i do walk on roads sometimes,in general brilliant for the money. i have had boots that cost more didn't last like these and weren't comfy, the only downside is the leather scratches easily on these {i treat my boots rough } but is easily kept good if you just keep on top with the polish. if i lost them i would buy a new pair.