High Country dome tent

yup! this cheapo is a favorate of mine. Nice tan color…

Design: 3 season, three pole design nylon tafta and netting and fly.
Sleeps: 2+
Ease of Setup: supper easy: 3 shock corded poles in sleeves.
Weight: 5 lbs (2 lbs for fiberglass poles!)
Price Paid: around $50 buck 15 years ago

yup! this cheapo is a favorate of mine. Nice tan color and surround 360 view through netting when fly's off. I suspect it's like the Coleman dome below: long lasting and takes a beating. Although it only has the cheap Taffta nylon it's held up....except I've never waterproofed it in its long life and now isn't waterproof....maybe I'll spray it to save it.

Poles are too heavy and if I get around to it I might invest in some aluminum ones or just find another tent like it.

My North Face Slickrock below is fine but it'll not compete for roominess with the simple Dome. With shorter (when collapsed) aluminum poles and a better seal this tent would be an excellent backpacking tent....but the fiberglass poles are 27 inches long in section and weigh 2 lbs alone. Still it's only 5 lbs total and has storage netts on sides and the simple hexigon floor plan leaves room for gear after two sleeping pads are laid out.

High Country dome tent

The High Country dome tent is not available from the stores we monitor.