High Sierra Long Trail 90

This is an amazing backpack. It has plenty of strap…

Design: Rugged
Size: 90 Liters
Number of Pockets: Lots
Max. Load Carried: Large load
Height of Owner: 6'1"

This is an amazing backpack. It has plenty of strap cushioning. The material is thick and heavy duty, even the material in the bottom which is going to be contacting the ground or boulder quite often, is extra thick, compared to the other materials.

The cinch straps are strong. The only criticism I can make is the straps start to unloose, this was easily fixed by using narrow (standard) 1" triglides, I purchased about 20; it was a cheap fix, also 2" triglides for the waist straps.

The pack has plenty of room. I used my mom's sleeping bag as a model to see how it fits on the bottom. I noticed that there was empty space, about 1" on all sides. Her bag is a 600 count down bag, I decided to get an 800 count bag, because I can, the cheapest good quality 800 bag I found is the Marmut Couloir, so I bought it.

The rain cover is also great. It fits tightly around the back, great to use while hiking if you don't want to set up camp, while it's raining.

The other large pack that I came across was the Kelty 6500, which would have had plenty of room, but had bad reviews such as thin cheap material and buckles that would break.

The side zip up bottle carriers are a perfect size for 2-1 liter bottles. I ended up buying clean canteen wide mouth with coffee tops, even with the large coffee tops it still fit! I was happily surprised, I wouldn't count on other brands fitting because I don't know the exact dimentions of other brands and I havn't tested them, another note the bottles fit very snuggly so I wouldn't count on them fitting with insulation covers.

It was an incredible buy at 125 dollars from campmor. I totally recommend this product.

I really do like this pack but it is designed for…

Design: front-loading internal
Size: 90 Liters
Number of Pockets: 10
Max. Load Carried: 50lbs
Height of Owner: 6'6"

I really do like this pack but it is designed for large people. I am 6'6" and I don't even use the torso adjustment although way up. I also have a 32" waist and have to clinch the hip belt although way down. I tried to get a different waist belt but individual parts are not sold anywhere I could find.

The pack is definitely not for lightweight backpackers but it has the capacity to hold everything you could need on a trip. I like the integrated rain cover and easy access hood and side pockets. The hydration sleeve has right and left side hose ports. I wish the pack had a small pocket on the hip belt; that would be useful for carrying trail snacks.

This pack is a great value and has features that you usually have to pay twice as much for.

Visit High Sierra's Long Trail 90 page.

High Sierra Long Trail 90 BackpackThe High Sierra Long Trail 90 Backpack is a big capacity bag and ideal for hikers of all types. The tuck-away rain cover allows you to store items in a bottom pocket. The waist belt is very comfortable and useful. It is designed with a removable media pocket to carry your MP3. The molded foam back panel uses airflow and keeps your back dry during long expeditions. The High Sierra Long Trail 90 Backpack is spacious, very comfortable and easy to load.

- SunnySports

The adventures won't end when you gear up with the Long Trail 90, our largest frame pack yet. Just six pounds but loaded with packing possibilities, the Long Trail 90 gives you a remarkable 90 liters of main-compartment space along with a host of technically advanced and handy extras, like top, bottom and front access points, adjustable top lid, soft lashing hardware and a hydration-ready design.

- Rocky Mountain Trail

You know you won't be satisfied with a 10 mile out and back when the weekend comes to an end that's why you packed up the High Sierra Long Trail 90 Backpacking Backpack with 5 days of food and you're headed out on that 50 mile section of the AT you've had your eye on. Designed with 90 liters of space and a stabilizing, adjustable padded harness system, this High Sierra pack is built for distance. The Ergo-Fit shoulder harness and hipbelt have Vapel mesh Airflow technology and the molded foam back panel uses Ariflow channels to keep you drier during those hot, sweaty summer hikes while the hydration sleeve and side mesh pockets hold your water for easy sipping while you walk. Fully featured to carry and organize everything you need, this pack has a sleeping bag compartment, a top lid, ice axe attachment loops and a removable media pocket on the shoulder strap for your phone, GPS or camera. Load it up, you've got the space for a few luxuries to make those shelter nights pretty comfy when you're carrying the High Sierra Long Trail 90 Backpack.

- Altrec Outdoors

The High Sierra Long Trail pack is ideal for long-distance treks. Choose this pack for comfort and easy organization. ERGO-FIT shoulder harness system is designed to maximize comfort through easy adjustment. 2 aluminum stays help support heavy loads by focusing weight to the hipbelt. Shoulder straps, waistbelt and back panel use mesh for wicking performance; Airflow(TM) channels on back panel aid air circulation. Top lid features a pocket for easy storage of trail necessities; lid and expandable collar can be adjusted to allow for bulky loads. Externally accessible bottom compartment accommodates a wide variety of sleeping bags. Front access zipper allows easy entry to main compartment; front and 2 side pockets stash small items. Daisy chains, ice-axe loops and lash tabs let you strap on extras outside. Built-in raincover has its own storage pocket on the bottom for quick, convenient access. Removable media pocket on shoulder strap allows easy access to your gadgets; accommodtes a variety of gear including GPS, digital camera or 2-way radio. Hydration-compatible design features reservoir pocket and drink tube exit port for on-the-go hydration (reservoir not included). Side compression straps let you cinch down both large and small loads for a stable carry. 2 mesh side pockets keep water bottles within easy reach. Special buy.

High Sierra Long Trail 90

The High Sierra Long Trail 90 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 26, 2014 at SunnySports.

If you're looking for a new expedition pack (4,500+ cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.