Bought this for 80$ on Campmor. All the functions…

Price Paid: 80$

Bought this for 80$ on Campmor. All the functions work beautifully and the weather predictions are pretty accurate, it will tell you the likely shift in weather patterns over the next 6 hours based on the last 24 hours of barometric pressure trends.

I've read a lot of reviews about problems with the watch lasting very long, so hopefully mine will hold out for a few years. Get my 80$ worth.

Purchased this altimeter over the Internet and it…

Purchased this altimeter over the Internet and it quit working three weeks after I received it. Found out the seller wasn't an authorized dealer and Highgear customer service told me the two-year warranty was invalid because I didn't buy it from an authorized dealer.

Guess I'm stuck with it. Beware, there are far more on-line retailers selling this altimeter than Highgear has listed as authorized on their web site. I wonder where the altimeters came from?

I bought this watch based on the the reviews I read…

I bought this watch based on the the reviews I read and the price. When I received my watch in the mail, the battery was dead. I replaced the battery and then I noticed that the alarm function didn't work. I returned the defective watch and got another one. Now the replacement watch just goes blank every once and awhile and I have to reset it. The functions are good when they work but I would hate to be stuck somewhere and all of a sudden the thing goes blank. Don't buy this watch.

Highgear Axis

The Axis has been discontinued.

The Highgear Axis is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 9, 2011 at RockCreek.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Rock Gear The Original Review