Hillary 3-4 Person Dome Tent

I will never again buy a tent made by Hillary. By…

I will never again buy a tent made by Hillary. By the third time I used the tent (about a year after purchase) the poles started to crack. Four years after purchase I have to replace all of the poles but no one at the company is willing to help me in any way. I will most likely end up buying a new tent--definitely not a Hillary, they are garbage!!

I've had my Hillary for almost 15 years - used for…

Design: three-season dome
Ease of Setup: two cross-poles threaded through sleeves
Weight: Too heavy for back-packing, but not for car-camping
Price Paid: $69.95 or thereabouts

I've had my Hillary for almost 15 years - used for various camping purposes. It has withstood a tornado (really), and only recently began losing stays in big wind storms. It leaked only when I didn't put the tent in a reasonably drainable location. Simple to set up, great air circulation, and tall enough to get dressed in comfortably. It will be difficult to find a comparable replacement for this tent.

I bought this Hillary dome tent about 6 years ago.

Design: Dome with 3 fiberglass poles.
Ease of Setup: Could be done blindfolded
Weight: 20 lbs

I bought this Hillary dome tent about 6 years ago. It's the best. It only leaked once, that was during Hurricane Bonnie. I only had to seal once after 3 years. I would recommend Hillary tent to anyone. I am about to buy a new one this year only because I wore out the zipper. We have used about 3-4 times per year for the last six years.

These tents suck!! Never ever use these useless junk…

Design: dome
Sleeps: 6+
Ease of Setup: Harder than crap
Price Paid: 109$

These tents suck!! Never ever use these useless junk tents! Hillary is a bad brand, they don't do anything good. Hey, take it from me, I'm Bob Marley after all.

If you've owned or used a Hillary 3-4 Person Dome Tent, please share your experience.

Hillary 3-4 Person Dome Tent

The Hillary 3-4 Person Dome Tent is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new tent/shelter, check out the best reviewed current models.