Super comfortable, super wide, not good tread. Would…

Summary

Super comfortable, super wide, not good tread.

Would recommend for hiking or around town walking.

Pros

• Comfort

Cons

• Not great tread

No break-in period, hiked a few times under 6 miles and no sign of blisters even though my wide foot isn't as wide as these. My feet do move around in them but I felt there was not going to be any red spot.

I don't feel safe with the small tread, but a couple trails were steep and I was safe, so maybe I just need to get used to it. Many trail runners use them and give 5 stars.

Maybe I should put inserts in for space and better arch support. I have high arches but the pillowy softness is starting to form to my foot and I don't want to ruin the comfort. No debris got in the shoe. I don't know but heard that the wide platform is better to protect ankles as opposed to the narrow ankle sole of most shoes.

I was happy to wear them around town but saw a great deal on the Hoka non-trail running shoes and they aren't as cushy or comfortable as the trail runners, but still nice for walks. So I recommend trying them on first or having a good return policy since there are so many models.

I worry the manufacturer will eventually start cutting corners and they will stop being so cushy which has happened to other shoes. Maybe I should hoard them. Really happy with them and I am not easy to please with shoes.