Hydro Flask 18 oz Wide Mouth Bottle

HYDRO FLASK Wide Mouth Water Bottle, 18 oz. I really…

Price Paid: $15 as far as I can recall

Summary

HYDRO FLASK Wide Mouth Water Bottle, 18 oz.

Pros

• Insulates well
  • Leaking cap easy to fix

Cons

• Looks like they had some production problems with the caps early on

I really like this water bottle. It is doubled walled stainless steel with a vacuum between the two walls so it insulates really well. It has the standard wide mouth and cap. Water and ice in it will last all day, no matter how hot it is. I find that if I put too much ice in it, that becomes a problem because when I open it hours later, it will still be full of ice.

It is really nice after being out on a hot day to be able to have ice water when I get back to the car. It will hold more than a single adult beverage, keep it cold for hours, and raise no suspicions. It is small enough to fit in some jacket pockets.

The double wall construction does add some weight, but it is worth it. It also fits well in cupholders.

To test the insulating abilities, I filled it with ice and water and left in on the kitchen counter before I went to bed and there was still ice in it when I woke up the next morning, so I left in on the counter and there was still even a little ice left when I came home from work in the evening.

The cap did leak initially. I saw the other comments about the gasket, so looked at my gasket inside the cap with a strong light. Sure enough, my gasket was not laying flat. I used a non-sharp object to manipulate the gasket so it lays flat, and no leaks since.

Resting at home:

hydroflask-18.jpg

With the 21 oz narrow mouth and the 40 oz wide mouth, plus the obligatory Nalgene for comparison:

hydroflasks.jpg