Hydro Flask 40 oz Wide Mouth Bottle

As advertised! Best thermos I've used yet. I love…

As advertised! Best thermos I've used yet.

• Retains heat/cold really long time
  • Doesn't sweat
  • Thermos Very Durable

• Caps are plastic - can break

I love dual purpose items as we only family camp/ hike some. The rest of the time we're at soccer, or at the beach, or fishing, or ... !

This thermos is a big favorite of mine and it really does work well. I was just commenting on a review about the Starbucks Via Ready Brew coffee and it got me thinking about the Hydro Flask. Whether I'm camping or out at the soccer fields or in a boat somewhere, this thermos keeps my coffee piping hot throughout the day.

And, for the beach, these wide mouth thermos' do really well with a frozen drink of your choice. Margarita, bushwacker, you name it — works great and keeps the beverage frozen. And, they don't sweat.

If there is a weak point, it would be the caps. But, to be honest, I haven't had any issues. They tighten real well with no leaking but if you drop it, it could split. The thermos themselves have a lifetime warranty, though.

HYDRO FLASK Wide Mouth Water Bottle, 40 oz. This is…

HYDRO FLASK Wide Mouth Water Bottle, 40 oz.

• It is awesome!
  • Stays cold for a long time
  • Sturdy

• Doesn't fit in cupholders

This is my favorite Hydro Flask bottle. It is awesome. It is a double walled stainless steel with a vacuum between the two walls so it insulates really well. It has the standard wide mouth and cap. Water and ice in it will last all day, no matter how hot it is.

I find that if I put too much ice in it, that becomes a problem because when I open it hours later, it will still be full of ice. That is especially a problem with this larger size — there will just be a big lump of ice in the bottle. It is really nice after being out on a hot day to be able to have ice water when I get back to the car. I often take this with me on day hikes or to the beach and it so nice to have ice water or other cold beverages, that I don’t mind the extra weight from the double walls.

It is too wide to fit in cupholders, but if it wasn’t too wide, it would have to be even taller. I also find that it will sometimes fall out of back pack pockets too when I lean over, due to the height.

It is pretty sturdy.  It took a bad fall onto a concrete floor and there is only a small dent.

It is so wonderful to fill it with ice water to take it to the beach and have ice water while in the sun on a hot day.  The same with road trips — get a super size drink at a stop, drink a little and put the rest in the bottle and have it cold all day.   (That’s why Michael Bloomberg is an idiot.)

Great for adult beverages, too. Go to a concert or fireworks in the park, where bringing adult beverages is discouraged, and nobody looks twice at the water bottle and it will hold over 3 adult beverages.

After a couple years, I did get a little odor coming from by the seal on the cap, which was remedied by soaking overnight in a bleach solution.

Resting at home:

With the 18 oz wide mouth and the 21 oz narrow mouth:

That is the right picture now.